Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:43 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: Re: In the Black Mountain
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 8:55 pm 
Creator
Creator

Arachne dressed herself loosely, only bothering to cover herself, not fastening the ties on her shirts or sleeves. She casually leaned against the door post and watched as Sushulana practiced her staff.

Phaing wrote:
Once done with that, she returns to Arachne ready to start a new day. "Thanks so much, for everything. I suppose that ... bah! Enough about me. I find you to be fascinating, now more so than ever. Ah.... is this a breach of Drow propriety? I don't mean to pry, but I am curious about you, and how you came to be so... accomplished. You really knocked my socks off last night.
Well, if I HAD any, you would have.
Speaking of that, I still need something frivolous to wear to the arena, something that even an Orc would find taunting. They don't seem to think very highly of me, might as well capitalize on that."

Arachne smiled and scritched the shorter woman's head as though she were a pet. "You're sweet. I'll have some food sent to your room while I fetch you something sufficiently inappropriate to wear." She patted Sushalana's bottom firmly, indicating the room. "And I wouldn't stray from your room today. There's a lot of people around who wouldn't care much about any arrangements that have been made for a stranger. You might find yourself in a cage in someone's larder."

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 2:13 am 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
... "And I wouldn't stray from your room today. There's a lot of people around who wouldn't care much about any arrangements that have been made for a stranger. You might find yourself in a cage in someone's larder."

"Larder?"
That is the only part that makes her a take a step back, all the pat on the bottom did was remind her that she is naked ... she tends to forget inconsequential little details like that when there is a fight coming up soon.
"And to think, my biggest concern was to avoid getting anyone killed around here..." She flashes a sly grin; "Speaking of that, I do hope that Captain that whipped me is in the arena when the time comes."

She would clearly rather accompany Arachne, but only a fool would second-guess someone like her, especially when they are trying to do her a favor.
Sigh...
"I'll be right here when you come back for me... unless of course something tries to drag me off. In which case, I may have some busioness in the taxidermy shop!"

Since Arachne mentioned food, she will close the door, but not lock it. The gift of time is not unwelcome, she can use it to do some breathing exercises, and meditate on the moves she plans to use.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:37 pm 
Creator
Creator

A short time later there is a knock at her door. A young and not unattractive male Elf -a wood elf by all appearances- pale skinned, greenish-blond hair, a black number 23 tattooed to his left shoulder, and dressed only in the briefest of loincloths, arrives with a wooden tray containing a frothy drink in a hefty tankard, a large tack of meat, some bread and something that looks like mushrooms next to a hearty looking soup in a bowl.
"With the Lady Arachne's comliments." he says, eyes to the floor.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:04 pm 
Lich
Lich

Phaing leaps from the bed and stretches, eyeing the fellow with the food. "Put it on the table." She says, shaking herself out, and then; "Hey, eyes up here me, I don't like it when people who bring me food can't look me in the eye ... especially in a place like this. And-"
She stops, staring at the platter, and splutters; "By the un-hairy balls of Orcus, all that is for me? Seriously, where am I supposed to put it all?"

She glances down at her small waist and shrugs at him... and then rolls her eyes as her own tummy starts to growl like a grumpy kitten.

"Alright, I know the routine. You slaves pile on the portions in the hope that there will be enough left over to keep yourselves alive." She holds up a hand if he starts to protest, and smiles. "Relax, I've been there too. Let's cut to the chase; take half that meat and have it yourself, and wash it down with some of what's in that mug."

If he hesitates, she asks; "You did say it came from Lady Arachne, didn't you? Come now, do this for me and you will get a better share." She takes a seat and dips a little of the bread into the soup.
"What is your name, by the way?"

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2016 11:54 am 
Creator
Creator

The slave glanced nervously about the room, then over his shoulder before answering, his eyes dropping to the floor. Phaing could see that he was nervous about looking at her. Perhaps it was a slave thing? It might have had something to do with the fact that she was still competely naked.

"I am slave 23." he said in a low hushed voice. "Though I was once called Thevis." he obediently knelt before her table and began to test some of the food on her tray.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:20 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
"Though I was once called Thevis.".

That makes her smile, and allows her to forget the smoldering anger that slavery always brings to life inside Phaing.
In an equally low voice; "That's good, hold on to that. The only permanent thing is change."

Since it would take a while for any possible poison or drug to take effect, she fills the time with a quick wash (if there is any water) and by getting dressed.
In a more conversational voice; "Some say that Elves make the world's worst slaves... that they just waste away. That may be true, but only for the weakest ones, the ones that forget about hope, and one other things. Of all the people out there, Elves are the most likely to out-live their masters. Its really just that simple."

She sits down to her meal, nodding for Thevis to sit back and relax a moment.
"I have a question for you, and I don't expect an answer any time soon, its not that kind of a question. Assuming that you do get free and out of this place someday... would you rage and agitate against the Drow as a whole, or would you direct your energy against the institution of Slavery itself?
It may seem a moot point, but it matters to me."

Phaing will eat as much as she feels comfortable with, her bout in the arena may not come today, or it may come within the hour.
She does do one thing that can prove that she indeed was a slave at one time; she strips the crust off the bread and rolls it into a small, tight little rod the size of her finger, and passes it to the slave as she watches the door.
It will harden, but it should remain edible for a couple of days.

"I think we are done here. Leave the door open when you go, I'm not one for staying cooped up for long."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 9:13 am 
Creator
Creator

Slave 23, Thevis stayed obediently on his knees as Phaing chatted with him and got washed and dressed. (Yes there's a large bowl in a hollow in the wall that holds water. It can be emptied into a natural drain-like fissure below it and replenishes slowly from natural cave moisture that drips from a stalagmite above it. The shape of the bowl cases the water to slide down a smooth incline rather than making an annoyingly constant drip drip drip. A similarly designed cover for the bowl allows the water to quietly slide down the back and into the drain when its full)

He kept his eyes low except when she addressed him directly and glanced up to meet her eyes fearfully. He answered her with silent nods, shakes of his head or shrugged and said little to nothing. He looked thoughtful when she asked about who he'd rebel against, though he offered no reply, glancing about fearfully instead.

When she was done he got to his feet, accepted her gift with a bemused look, then scurried out of her sight, leaving the doorway wide open.

(I'll pause here in case you had wanted her to do something right away while alone. If she's going to wait around instead, let me know and I'll post again.)

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 3:24 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
(I'll pause here in case you had wanted her to do something right away while alone. If she's going to wait around instead, let me know and I'll post again.)

(I don't have much, just a little something that is probably nothing)

Phaing does a few stretches while muttering a spell, the spell is Wizard Eye and she uses it to have a look down these Hallways that are supposed to be so dangerous.

Fully Armed and dressed in what remains to her, she waits for someone to come along. Hopefully it will be Arachne, but one never knows is a place like this.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:06 am 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
Phaing does a few stretches while muttering a spell, the spell is Wizard Eye and she uses it to have a look down these Hallways that are supposed to be so dangerous.

Down the hallway Phaing saw the usual business of things in a Drow city. Drow women with their men and slaves in attendance heading to various places on usual errands. A marketplace with Drow and non-Drow venders of clothing, fabrics, tools, foodstuffs, weapons, armour, herbs, components and magical items....all the usual things found in such marketplaces. Male and female guards, mostly Drow but some Dark Elf -non-Drow and even some Orcs and Goblinoids watch over everywhere in large enough numbers that sneaking about would obviously be very difficult.

Phaing wrote:
Fully Armed and dressed in what remains to her, she waits for someone to come along. Hopefully it will be Arachne, but one never knows is a place like this.

Some considerable time later, Arachne herself did indeed appear at her door. She rapped on it with her knuckle to get Phaing's attention.
"Great news. Your fight is going to happen in about three days. You've got that much time to put your outfit together...assuming you still want one that is." she added with a half-smirk. "I'm assuming you don't have any gold of your own, so I've been authorized to cover you for materials within reason."

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:40 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
... Male and female guards, mostly Drow but some Dark Elf -non-Drow and even some Orcs and Goblinoids watch over everywhere in large enough numbers that sneaking about would obviously be very difficult.

As good a reason as any to not go sneaking around.

Beholder King wrote:
Some considerable time later, Arachne herself did indeed appear at her door. She rapped on it with her knuckle to get Phaing's attention.
"Great news. Your fight is going to happen in about three days. You've got that much time to put your outfit together...assuming you still want one that is." she added with a half-smirk. "I'm assuming you don't have any gold of your own, so I've been authorized to cover you for materials within reason."

"Ah, good day to you Arachne. I was wondering..."

Well, it wouldn't matter if she did or she didn't have any, an offer like that has to be taken up on... for courtesy and practicality's sake.
Phaing is also too well-rested to stay put any longer.

"Three days? Good... but yeah, I really need to go do something, some practice would be great. But first.... yeah, something to wear. Two somethings; one very brief outfit that will drive the Orcs bonkers, and then something else to wear among you all. Something normal. You know, something that I can wear in front of normal Draw 'round here without seeing any smirks. Off to market then?"

She leaps smoothly to her face and grins as she looks Arachne up and down-
(what is she wearing? whatever it is, something that isn't too much like what she has would probably be best.)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:39 pm 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:

"Ah, good day to you Arachne. I was wondering..."

Well, it wouldn't matter if she did or she didn't have any, an offer like that has to be taken up on... for courtesy and practicality's sake.
Phaing is also too well-rested to stay put any longer.

"Three days? Good... but yeah, I really need to go do something, some practice would be great. But first.... yeah, something to wear. Two somethings; one very brief outfit that will drive the Orcs bonkers, and then something else to wear among you all. Something normal. You know, something that I can wear in front of normal Draw 'round here without seeing any smirks. Off to market then?"

She leaps smoothly to her face and grins as she looks Arachne up and down-
(what is she wearing? whatever it is, something that isn't too much like what she has would probably be best.)

Arachne just laughed and shook her head with a shrug. "I'm only paying for your 'battle dress'" she said, leading Phaing out of the room and down the corridor. "Anything you want on top of that is coming out of your own...." she glanced over at Phaing's shambles of an outfit "....purse."

Arachne herself was dressed in a fairly simple and colourless outfit of pale greys and whites. She wore a loose fitting shirt in the style mostly worn by men up on the surface, but it was bound around her midriff with a white corset that also acted as breast support. Her form-fitting pants slipped neatly into knee-length black leather boots that were folded over the top to ease movement.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:43 am 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Arachne herself was dressed in a fairly simple and colourless outfit of pale greys and whites. She wore a loose fitting shirt in the style mostly worn by men up on the surface, but it was bound around her midriff with a white corset that also acted as breast support. Her form-fitting pants slipped neatly into knee-length black leather boots that were folded over the top to ease movement.

Phaing still has her boots, fortunately enough.

That outfit gets a raised eyebrow. "White? Ah, for the accent, very nice. I like grey too, it fades into the shadows better than black, even. But since the idea behind my "battle" dress is to attract attention... gold and red are what I should go with. Something flimsy enough to come apart if grabbed instead of letting someone yank me around and control my movement."

She will walk by Arachne's side the way she has seen other Drow here walk about when they seem close enough to be friends, but she won't push it any further than that yet.

What Phaing is looking for is a brief halter-top, maybe with some frilly bits, and form-fitting hose that is close to the color of her own skin that reach from hips to inside her boots at least, as well as a short skirt with as many folds in it as possible.
That shouldn't put Arachne out too much .... well, unless she takes a hand in dressing Phaing herself.

Phaing will also take the (perhaps) odd step of wanting to change in private.
It helps keep people wondering what she may have had hidden in the remnants of her old clothing, and how she may have had it concealed.
Afterwards, we can just burn the old stuff, or whatever.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 9:07 am 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
That outfit gets a raised eyebrow. "White? Ah, for the accent, very nice. I like grey too, it fades into the shadows better than black, even. But since the idea behind my "battle" dress is to attract attention... gold and red are what I should go with. Something flimsy enough to come apart if grabbed instead of letting someone yank me around and control my movement."

Arachne took a quick glance down at her own clothing and shrugged. "Not much point in colour when half the population down here can't even see it. We don't put a lot of money or effort into the dying industry. Most of the natives' eyes are optimized for light differential or heat intensities. You should see the thermo fabric fashions they've developed, though. Quite dazzling if you've got infravision."

Arachne lead Phaing into the marketplace where the two Elves attracted virtually no attention at all. All around them were Drow and other undergroud dwellers along with slaves of various species dressed a lot more provocatively than Phaing... and some with even less on. Weird creatures and impressive displays were far more intresting.

They stopped at various stalls to pick up materials, discuss designs, taking measurements and arranging dressings. Arachne had to sweeten a few deals with a few extra coins to guarantee delivery in time for the big fight.

Only a few of the venders asked Arachne if Phaing was up for trade or sale and Arachne dismissed the notion... but only after an uncomfortably long and seemingly thoughtful pause.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:47 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Arachne took a quick glance down at her own clothing and shrugged. "Not much point in colour when half the population down here can't even see it. We don't put a lot of money or effort into the dying industry. Most of the natives' eyes are optimized for light differential or heat intensities. You should see the thermo fabric fashions they've developed, though. Quite dazzling if you've got infravision."

"I'd like to, very much so... but remember that I need to bedazzle and distract Orcs that are going to want to bash my head in with this particular ensemble."

And this is where being of both worlds comes in handy, again. Her infra-vision isn't as good as full-Drow, but she does have it, and can use it in concert with normal vision under the right conditions.

Beholder King wrote:
They stopped at various stalls to pick up materials, discuss designs, taking measurements and arranging dressings. Arachne had to sweeten a few deals with a few extra coins to guarantee delivery in time for the big fight.

"Thanks, I owe you, once again." Theatrical sigh, followed by a wink. "Oh dear, what compromising positions shall I have to endure tonight?"

Following local trends, and perhaps a few non-verbal hints from Arachne, Phaing will go with a top that is little more than a bikini-style sort of thing, and the skirt will barely exist at the sides, dropping halfway to the knees front and back.
To the observer it will seem to offer tantalizing glances at her personal charms, if only she would move in a certain way.

Phaing will also forgo the hose in favor of gloves, ones that fit well and offer a good grip. She will take anything that is available now.

Beholder King wrote:
Only a few of the venders asked Arachne if Phaing was up for trade or sale and Arachne dismissed the notion... but only after an uncomfortably long and seemingly thoughtful pause.

Phaing rolls her eyes. "Hey, if someone wants to make some quick cash, they could try to tell the Orcs that the Horse I gave the Queen could be worth half a thousand gold to the right breeder... unless they have already had a bar-b-que."

Fittings and measurement? She may as well take advantage of that, and discuses something for a future date; a tunic that resemble a Nehru jacket, loose-fitting trousers and a light cloak, all of charcoal-grey except for the lining of the cloak, which would be blood-red ... but now that she knows about infra-dyes, she can chat a bit about what improvements she would recommend.

Phaing shrugs and smiles to Arachne; "I do need to think of my future, after all."
And she adds-
"Well, now I have a couple of days... how do you suggest I kill them?"

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2016 1:19 am 
Lich
Lich

Bump ?

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next