Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 12:36 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
 Post subject: The End of the Beginning - Ten Doctors Wrapped
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 7:29 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

And that's all (s)he wrote, folks! The Ten Doctors has wrapped, and a new story is about to begin. I think I'm going to have to change the category name for this section of the board, considering! When I first set it up, we had no idea that we'd make it this far, and have made so many friends in the process. I do hope you'll be sticking around!

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: The End of the Beginning - Ten Doctors Wrapped
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:53 am 
Goblin
Goblin

I know I'll be sticking around!

Great work, great team, great story, great comic! Words just can't express how awesome it's been - from the comic to the comments. I joined half-way through and it's been great. Gunna have to read it all again soon! :D

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 9:57 am 
Kobold
Kobold

Yah, I'll be waiting for more, too. And not just to answer the question "Why the Toronto skyline and the Doctor Who logo drawn in a style emulating the Forever Knight logo?" I mean, that can't be significant. It just can't. Otherwise it would mean.... :dizzy:

No.

Nononono.

Nooooo.

Nah.

no?

Anyway, looking forward to more excellent... more... well, I don't know. But it's gonna be excellent, whatever it is.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:04 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

:D

Let me just say this: Forever Knight was my first (and only participatory) fandom, and my husband loves me very much. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:26 am 
Orc
Orc

Care to reveal which of the ten doctors will have the starring role?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 11:59 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Abandon Rich's comic?? Never! :mrgreen: Couldn't have that can we? :clap:

Although, if it is a Forever Knight crossover, I'm going to get REALLY confused - I live in the UK - and I've never heard of it! :o :dizzy:
In fact I assumed that, with the castle in the background, it was going to be a BBC 'Merlin' crossover :hehe: XD

..no, actually...that would be weird if it was.. O_O especially as Merlin has half of the Doctor Who cast on it! XD I can see it now... :cloud9:

[Merlin opening credits roll]

Gaius: Sire, We appear to have a visitor. He says he is a Doctor, hailing from [squints at the scroll] Ga-ll-er-frey...

Uther Pendragon: Hmm, well I have certainly never heard of it. Bring him in and lets see what he has to say for himself.

[Gaius returns with the Tenth Doctor]
Tenth Doctor [chatting away to Gaius] : Awh, I never did get to thank you for helping me out Doctor Constantine! You know - gas masks?

Gaius [giving the Doctor a weird look - and Then speaking to King Uther]:
Apologies, Sire, I think the man may have suffered from being too long in the sun.

Doctor: Hang on a minute?!...What? What? What?! [Points to Uther] You – last time I saw you were trying to solve the Skasis Paradigm at Deffrey Vale school!

[Then The Doctor spots Merlin, hiding in the corner of the room]
Doctor: And you! [grins] Jethro, wasn't it? Fancy seeing you here! Mind you – back on Midnight you weren't of much help..

Merlin: Er...actually my name's Merlin...

King Uther: Silence! Gaius, I value your opinion on this man's condition, but it is clear we're not going to get anywhere with him in a clear state of delirium! Take him to the dungeons...perhaps that will help clear his head!

[Guards step forward to take the Doctor to the dungeons]
Doctor: Hey, what? hold on a tic, you can't just do that -!

[Then to make everything even more confusing, sorceress Nimueh turns up, with Lady Helen/Mary Collins brought back from the dead]

Doctor: What?! Lady Christina?!...And Gwen Cooper? Talk about coincidental Spatial genetic multiplicity – this is confusing even for me, and that's saying something! ...Awh, but that's brilliant! Hello!

[Nimueh/Lady Christina and Lady Helen/Gwen look at each other, then look back at the doctor]

Nimueh: [points at the Doctor] That man is is insane. He shall die first.

Doctor: What?

[to be contined...] :cloud9:

~Hehehe XD that would have been hilarious! *cough * ANYway... :hehe:
^_^
...Forever Knight..? :shock: I hope you don't completely lose me on this one, because I really have never heard of it! :?

Gir: YAY!
~Invader Zim

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:32 pm 
Orc
Orc

Ummm...(raises hand) Very dumb newbie question here...

About the last page: I haven't seen "Smith and Jones" and so I don't get, like..._how_ exactly this wraps everything up? Well...the thing is, I thought Ten in "The Ten Doctors" was from the time period from after Rose left, but before he met Martha. So my question is:

In the photos in the last page, are Ten and Martha supposed to already _know_ each other, and she's about to follow him--or is he a total stranger and she's thinking to herself: "Who IS this odd bloke who just suddenly took off his tie and said 'See?' to me for no reason?"

I don't...I don't get it...

As for "Forever Knight"...hmmm. Sounds like an interesting show, but like a lot of others here I'm gonna be TOTALLY lost. I've only seen a few Canadian-made shows that I'm aware of, and that wasn't one of them. Ah well. Is there going to be any kind of explanation as to who the Forever Knight characters are, as they show up, or will we just be expected to know them because we're fans already? I'd hate to not be able to read Rich's next comic because of feeling left out and confused...

I myself am not terribly above the "high seas" route (ahem) but not sure if I can watch and learn an entire series in time! :P

...Notorious

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:35 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I haven't seen Smith and Jones either (not a Who fan, oddly enough), but Rich tells me they're screencaps from the Doctor and Martha's first meeting, at the start of the episode.

And I've only seen the first page of the next Who comic so far, but given what Rich and I have talked about and the setup I've seen, I think it'll be pretty self-explanatory. There's nowhere near as much canon as Who had, after all, and if *I* can follow *that* comic, anyone can follow this one! :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 1:34 pm 
Orc
Orc

Ok for those of you who have never seen smith and jones, well the last page of the comic is martha meeting the doctor for the first time, but it is *not* the doctor meeting martha for the first time. Wibbly wobbly, timey wimey....

The page rich put up is from the start of the episode, where martha runs into the doctor and he takes off his tie in front of her. Later on she meets him when he's a patient in the hospital (they never reveal why he's pretending to be a patient, but I guess he's there to meet martha, at least according to the 10 docs comic :)) She basically says 'hey don't I know you from outside?' and he says he's never seen her before, which is true.

They then have an adventure together, and by the end of the episode he then takes her to the tardis and proves to her he's a time traveller, by going into the tardis... she watches it whoosh away and return, and he steps out, holding his tie. Awesome reveal - when she met him at the start of the episode, it was really him from the end of the episode!

So really if we are following ten from the end of the comic, the next scene should be him in the hospital, because in his own personal timeline that's what happens next for him.

In regards to the new comic.... I haven't seen forever knight, mostly because I watch angel, and they're both shows about good-guy vampires. Can anyone explain how the shows are different?

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 2:20 pm 
Lich
Lich

@ Inky: funny, but the Doctor has a long history of running into people who look like people he's met before, and occasionally people who look like him. The twin dilemma you describe wouldn't even make him blink.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 12:40 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Sorry you guys have to live without the joy of Netflix, Hilary. I hear from some Canadian friends they have something called zip.ca that is similar. I hear it is a bit slow on new releases, though.

But, thanks to Netflix, I've been slowly working my way through the immensity that is Dr. Who, along with all of the other scifi I missed out on as a child.

I'm glad to see that Rich is going to do something more with the Doctor, but I'm also glad to see the return of Paulus, which imho is some of his finest work!

Thanks again!

Jonathan

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:37 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Note: Forever Knight posts removed to their own thread.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 11:21 am 
Lich
Lich

Actually if the Doctor ended up in Camelot the meeting would go more like this:

Arthur: Come, we shall take you to see Merlin.

Doctor: Oh, no. I can't see Merlin. That would be... bad.

Arthur (suspiciously): No man need fear Merlin... none save the enemies of Britain.

Doctor: No, you don't understand, it will create a temporal [string of meaningless technobabble].

Arthur (utterly confused): What?

Doctor: It would be bad.

(Merlin enters)

Merlin: Who is this stranger, sire?

Doctor: You don't recognize me?

Merlin: No... should I?

Doctor (points dramatically, his voice suddenly ringing with authority): This man is an imposter!!

Merlin: On what do you base that ridiculous accusation?

Doctor: Because you don't know who I am.

Merlin (annoyed now): And who are you?

Doctor (majestically): I am Merlin.

(the Doctor looks sheepish, shifting from his authoritative "I'm a demigod, don't fuck with me" pose to a self-depreciating "aww, shucks" boyish stance)

Doctor: Well, I will be.

Arthur: What is this madman talking about?

Doctor: Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

Arthur: He's mad. Send for a priest, we should perform an excorcism at once.

(as the guards drag the Doctor off to a dungeon to await the priest, a woman who looks like a young Jean Marsh enters)

Doctor: Well, this day just keeps getting better.

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:06 am 
Orc
Orc

Makkabee wrote:
Actually if the Doctor ended up in Camelot the meeting would go more like this:

Arthur: Come, we shall take you to see Merlin.

Doctor: Oh, no. I can't see Merlin. That would be... bad.

Arthur (suspiciously): No man need fear Merlin... none save the enemies of Britain.

Doctor: No, you don't understand, it will create a temporal [string of meaningless technobabble].

Arthur (utterly confused): What?

Doctor: It would be bad.

(Merlin enters)

Merlin: Who is this stranger, sire?

Doctor: You don't recognize me?

Merlin: No... should I?

Doctor (points dramatically, his voice suddenly ringing with authority): This man is an imposter!!

Merlin: On what do you base that ridiculous accusation?

Doctor: Because you don't know who I am.

Merlin (annoyed now): And who are you?

Doctor (majestically): I am Merlin.

(the Doctor looks sheepish, shifting from his authoritative "I'm a demigod, don't fuck with me" pose to a self-depreciating "aww, shucks" boyish stance)

Doctor: Well, I will be.

Arthur: What is this madman talking about?

Doctor: Wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey.

Arthur: He's mad. Send for a priest, we should perform an excorcism at once.

(as the guards drag the Doctor off to a dungeon to await the priest, a woman who looks like a young Jean Marsh enters)

Doctor: Well, this day just keeps getting better.

One question, when The Doctor eventually does meet with Michelle Ryan's character, who will he mistake her for...?

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 12:46 am 
Orc
Orc

Grimley Fieendish wrote:

One question, when The Doctor eventually does meet with Michelle Ryan's character, who will he mistake her for...?

Holly from Red Dwarf! I certainly did.

[ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next