Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 10:36 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 15 posts ] 
 Post subject: Who will die?
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:17 pm 
Orc
Orc

Someone on the comments page made the interesting observation that 2.5 might die, and that got me thinking... who could be killed off in this comic? (Not that I want anyone to die! I'm just wondering what's possible within the comic.)

2.5 is an illusion, so he can be killed/disappear/be reabsorbed into 2. Also, as an original character, it won't disrupt the timeline if he dies because he doesn't appear on the show- there are no stories he has yet to appear in. Same applies to the president and the other unnamed gallifreyans.

The other doctors can't die because they all need to return to their timelines and continue with their on-screen adventures. Well except 8... I always assumed that 8 died in (or during) the time war, and I think his appearance in the comic is from before the time war... but since he isn't shown regenerating on screen, and his dying in the war isn't canon (as far as I know) it's possible he could be killed off.

As for the companions, I'm pretty sure susan, jo, romana, tegan, turlough, peri, rose, martha, sarah-jane and the brig are all taken from a point before their last onscreen appearance, so none of them can be killed off. (So is jack, but you can kill him as much as you like. Jack comes back. :happy: )

I think rich said jamie and zoe are taken from season 6b (correct me if I'm wrong!) so they can both be killed off. I'm not very familiar with nyssa and mel but it seems like they are both from some point after their last appearances, so maybe they could die as well. And we never found out what happened to ace after survival, except that she was no longer with 7 at the start of the movie. She could die too. So could leela, since she's clearly much older than last we saw her on tv.

As for the other characters like the rani, the k9's, drax, davros, glitz, and everyone I've forgotten, well I dunno. I'm not sure from what timeline's they are from. Any ideas?

Post subject: Re: Who will die?
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 12:20 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

What a depressing question! :P

Well... as we've seen so far, pretty much anybody who didnt arrive in a tardis with the Doctor is expendable. Most of the people on Earth from Sarah Jane's timeline should be okay, bcs we know Sarah Jane and the Brig have adventures later.

But everybody else..... tick tick tick tick tick ... ask not for whom the cloister bell tolls! :lipssealed:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 1:03 am 
Orc
Orc

Snaresman wrote:
Someone on the comments page made the interesting observation that 2.5 might die, and that got me thinking... who could be killed off in this comic? (Not that I want anyone to die! I'm just wondering what's possible within the comic.)

2.5 is an illusion, so he can be killed/disappear/be reabsorbed into 2. Also, as an original character, it won't disrupt the timeline if he dies because he doesn't appear on the show- there are no stories he has yet to appear in. Same applies to the president and the other unnamed gallifreyans.

I think rich said jamie and zoe are taken from season 6b (correct me if I'm wrong!) so they can both be killed off. I'm not very familiar with nyssa and mel but it seems like they are both from some point after their last appearances, so maybe they could die as well. And we never found out what happened to ace after survival, except that she was no longer with 7 at the start of the movie. She could die too. So could leela, since she's clearly much older than last we saw her on tv.

As for the other characters like the rani, the k9's, drax, davros, glitz, and everyone I've forgotten, well I dunno. I'm not sure from what timeline's they are from. Any ideas?

2.5 "dying" is possible since he really doesn't exist. Then again could it not be said he is nothing more then a mental projection of the Doctor's mind in a similar fashion to the Doctor's combined minds as we saw in the series? (This makes my mind hurt thinking about what he is and could be)

As for jamie and zoe, the Doctor saw them placed back in there time at the end of War Games. Even if we take the idea that they were working for the Timelords in a season 6b they still were returned to there respective times. If they were not then, how do explain what the Doctor saw. I really don't think those two will die without causing a paradox.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 3:47 am 
Orc
Orc

Snaresman wrote:

The other doctors can't die because they all need to return to their timelines and continue with their on-screen adventures. Well except 8... I always assumed that 8 died in (or during) the time war, and I think his appearance in the comic is from before the time war... but since he isn't shown regenerating on screen, and his dying in the war isn't canon (as far as I know) it's possible he could be killed off.

As for the companions, I'm pretty sure susan, jo, romana, tegan, turlough, peri, rose, martha, sarah-jane and the brig are all taken from a point before their last onscreen appearance, so none of them can be killed off. (So is jack, but you can kill him as much as you like. Jack comes back. :happy: )

It depends if you count the various BBC "Past Doctor Adventure" Novels & the Big Finish Audios as canon, or not.
If not, then everything's "up in the air", so to speak.
If they are counted as canon, then the fates of Nyssa & Leela are known (Leela's dying in a Z'nai prison complex, post "Fall of Gallifrey" in the Companion Chronicles, The Catalyst & Empathy Games, while in the Winter segment of Circular Time, Nyssa is married & has a baby daughter)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:19 am 
Orc
Orc

As long as any character gets a better send off than the way Jamie did in the Doctor Who Magazine story "The World Shapers" with the Sixth Doctor, written by Grant Morrison (it looks like he was getting a bit of practice in before screwing up Batman in the latest epic where the-world-will-never-be-the-same-again, yadda yadda, yadda). What a horrible treatment of poor Jamie; turned into a crazy old hermit, then getting killed off!

Yes, everybody dies. But for such beloved characters, a bit of dignity wouldn't go amiss.

Steps off soapbox

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:17 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

The radio adventures and books aren't canon as far as Rich is concerned: Ten Doctors FAQ, question 11. Nyssa, Leela and Mel are absolutely fair game, among others. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:02 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Wait a minute, the question is if Rich places The Two Doctors appearance of Jamie and Two in 'season 6b', meaning we have a crossed Two/Jamie and Six/Peri timeline in that televised adventure. If Rich does; isn't Jamie and Peri in the clear? or do I need to recheck where each Doctor/companion team comes from here?

Just checked -- but a little too fast, I believe Jamie is safe. But not Peri as Six/Peri come into The Ten Doctors after The Two Doctors.

:kitty:

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:09 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Yes but - not to take too much of the suspense away- we know Peri and the 6th Doctor go on to have their own adventures, even that horrible trial. Since Peri came with a Doctor in a tardis, she's safe. It's all the others, that join after their televised goodbyes, that are on thin ice.

Even the original K9 isnt safe. :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:39 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Even though Sarah Jane didn't come in a TARDIS, she is definitely safe because of the Sarah Jane Adventures and her having Luke. I don't know when exactly Rich has taken her from, but I have a feeling it is before Luke and she therefore can't be killed. And you can't argue that Sarah Jane Adventures isn't canon because of the Season 4 finale.

I am personally very worried that he will indeed kill Leela. Especially after the most recent page (192).

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:39 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Yup, Sarah Jane is plucked from after School Reunion, but before Invasion of Bane, which makes her and the Brig alright <g> (And Sarah Jane Adventures have always been canon of Doctor Who, they have a little back and forth mention now and then with the show)

But as you pointed out, no guarentee or warrenty left for Leela!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:23 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Yeah, I fully know that SJA is canon with the series, I just anticipated someone saying "oh, it's not the actual show, it's not canon" which is obviously ridiculous because it IS canon. I mentioned Season 4 Finale as a just-in-case for anyone who might question it. Although, I don't think anyone on these forums would question that. XD

Another thing I'm wondering about is when exactly Jamie and Zoe are from... Someone said Rich said Season 6b, but that's a little iffy... In the accepted view of Season 6b, did Two pick up Zoe? Because in the Two Doctors, Jamie mentioned VICTORIA being just dropped off, not Zoe. I've always been rather confused as to how that works.

At any rate, Two would definitely have to be from much before the Two Doctors, because by the time that happened in canon, he had grey hair and Jamie was much older too. This is all rather confusing... Heh.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:17 am 
Creator
Creator

Lily Knotwise wrote:
Another thing I'm wondering about is when exactly Jamie and Zoe are from... Someone said Rich said Season 6b, but that's a little iffy... In the accepted view of Season 6b, did Two pick up Zoe? Because in the Two Doctors, Jamie mentioned VICTORIA being just dropped off, not Zoe. I've always been rather confused as to how that works.

I will confess that I selected Jamie and Zoe as the 2nd Doctor's companions for the comic before I decided to set their time as season 6b. However, the description of 6b that I read said simply that after traveling and working for the CIA alone for a while, the Doctor got uppity and demanded assistance. They returned some of his companions to keep him obedient, but eventually he got too hard for them to control, so they followed through on the trial, leading into "Spearhead From Space".
Victoria is mentioned in "The Two Doctors", but there is nothing in the series (quite naturally, since it isn't officially canon) to suggest that Victoria left him again and they brought back Zoe as well. Or even that he had all three of them for a while. Now that would be fun. A 2nd Doctor adventure with Jamie, Victoria AND Zoe! After all, the ghost Zoe we see in "The Five Doctors" is presumably an image from the 2nd Doctor's memory projected and she doesn't look (or dress) like she did during her series run. Why not? Seems to me that Zoe might even have been a first choice of the Time Lords over Victoria since her departure was their own doing and they knew exactly where she was to begin with. Perhaps they sent him Jamie and Zoe FIRST but Zoe didn't work out or for unknown reasons had to be sent back, so they dug up Victoria as a replacement?

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:39 am 
Orc
Orc

In the same vein as the Batman: Death in the Family storyline, or Pop Idol, you could run a vote to see which companion lives or dies!

:biggrin:

Just kidding!

Well, just as long as it isn't Leela :cry:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:54 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Ta for the explanation Rich, that helps to sort things out. And I agree, I'd like to think the Doctor didn't forget about Zoe when he was allowed to bring back his companions. And an adventure with Jamie, Zoe and Victoria would be totally awesome. And why not throw in Ben and Polly as well, just for fun? :D

Also, I just realized Nyssa is expendable. I am very worried about her too now. D:

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:24 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

So all can breathe easier now- it wrapped up without killing off more companions - Damon was the last friend from series to die, tho Leela lost a couple of children and her husband is . . . not quite himself. Also, if he ever does become himself, he'll remember killing off a couple of his own kids in a snap of temper.

and there is that dalek helmet found in that pond in Hampshire :mrgreen:

Profile WWW  

[ 15 posts ]