Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:57 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
 Post subject: Re: Forever Knight
PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:43 pm 
Orc
Orc

Geez, I know! I completely understood why Rich decided to place "Forever Janette" (which, by the way, I _do_ pronounce correctly. Also "LaCroix") before Season Three, 'cos god DAMN that premiere episode was brutal. That is one thing I actually hadn't read about ahead of time (I ran across a spoiler for the LAST EPISODE on the comments of like, Forever Janette Page 3 or something with _no_ spoiler tags or warning whatsoever, but I didn't know what happened on the Season 3 premiere) and I have to say, I was kinda shocked! Surprised in a bad way, but...still honestly surprised. I know this show had had cast changes before, but usually they just _leave_.

On a lighter note, on account of the fact that the police captain character changes _every single season_ but tends to have at least a few similar personality traits, I've jokingly decided that he's actually a Time Lord with really bad luck. Who regenerates more the way I've always thought it should be possible. :P
(My favourite of the three is probably Stonetree, really.)

Oh, and...I kinda actually liked the pilot movie, too? I got used to Geraint Wyn Davies (wow, have some Welsh) after a little bit, and I have no problem with his acting, but...the decadent '80s vibe kinda works better for vampires, for me, than the '90s culture. Dunno why. (shrug)
(Of course, it only GETS "'90s" later on, in the show. We start off with still the occasional mullet and such, and by the end it's "Oh, we'll just look that up on the Internet. Tra-la!")

...Notorious

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:58 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Maybe vampires naturally thrive among mullets? <g>

Yeah, I saw the season 3 opener about the time this comic started, over the summer. I dont think I'd seen it before, and it was a shock and ...sort of led the way to expect season 3 to be a let down in terms of keeping the fun of season 2 going.

I liked both pilots about the same. I always took it that they changed their minds about what happened after the pilot, so they could keep a favorite villain, but I did crack up at Hilary mentioning the fanfic of La Croix's thoughts as he reformed in Nick's vacuum cleaner. (only a spoiler for the pilot, doesnt effect the rest of the series)

Incidentally, I believe Chiller has added the show to their line up of marathons. (I predicted it would end up in their hands eventually- just pausing to say "I was right!" <g>)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:35 pm 
Dragon
Dragon

Captain Chaotica wrote:
Oh, and...I kinda actually liked the pilot movie, too? I got used to Geraint Wyn Davies (wow, have some Welsh) after a little bit, and I have no problem with his acting, but...the decadent '80s vibe kinda works better for vampires, for me, than the '90s culture. Dunno why. (shrug)
(Of course, it only GETS "'90s" later on, in the show. We start off with still the occasional mullet and such, and by the end it's "Oh, we'll just look that up on the Internet. Tra-la!")
Ooooh... The movie was OK, as it had some good plot points (repeated in the series opener), but I thought the acting was atrocious...

I think I see what you're saying about '80s vs. '90s (hey, when I was growing up Twilight was call The Lost Boys), but as I started playing Vampire in the early '90s myself, I've kind of lost any sense of decade-specificity. I thought it worked in FK. *shrug*

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:34 am 
Dragon
Dragon

After Hilary's explanation in the comments on FJ#52 about the cereal box, I went looking on YouTube for the ads. Didn't find them, but I did find this:

Forever Knight Reads Green Eggs and Ham
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olNyL6zMqlw

It's rather poor quality (you have to turn it up super-loud to hear Nigel Bennett's part), and it helps if you have a copy handy so you can read along, but BOOP is it ever funny! :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:51 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

That was hilarious!

(as was the cereal box fending off LaCroix bit Hilary found on YouTube - it stopped him cold, mid snarl, and then Nick doing the commercial was just perfect)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:26 pm 
Dragon
Dragon

M'reen wrote:
That was hilarious!

(as was the cereal box fending off LaCroix bit Hilary found on YouTube - it stopped him cold, mid snarl, and then Nick doing the commercial was just perfect)
Yeah, I'd seen the outtakes, but not having the background about the commercials when I first saw it, it was just... weird. :dizzy: Now it makes perfect sense, and makes me laugh every time! :biggrin:

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4