Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Best 8th Dr Audios? (Big Finish)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:34 pm 
Dragon
Dragon

I really love the Eighth Doctor, especially since I started listening to the Big Finish audio adventures. However, I came in kind of late, and thus haven't heard everything he's been in.

So here's my question for the crowd: What are your Top 3 Eighth Doctor stories from Big Finish? What really give you a sense of who he is? (And are those the same, or different?)

Post subject: Re: Best 8th Dr Audios? (Big Finish)
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 12:52 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Very Different...
My favorite is Scherzo - it's off the wall crazy, mind blowing and I love it. And of course that's not the sort of adventure to neatly sum up any character - it's the sort to take your expectations and dash them against the wall, and run bicycles over the pieces till they reveal a modern art mosaic.

The prequel adventure might be my second favorite, Zagreus .. but tho I loved it for similar reasons, I really rushed thru it to get back to listen Scherzo again.

I don't know a third favorite .. liked a lot equally, others not so much, and one or two were wretched.(Particularly bad is the first one Storm Warning, with Charlie, a companion that plays a large role in Zagreus and Scherzo, but I can only tell you to please skip that one so many times. Folks in later adventures refer back to it now and then, making it sound much more listenable than it was. Don't fall for it! Just avoid the mess.)

Chimes at Midnight was a fairly good one for summing up the Doctor and Charlie's dilemma, and I have a soft spot for the one done as an old time radio serial adventure in New York, detective noir style, Invaders From Mars-by Mark Gatiss. Definitely worth a listen.

With Lucy, the not so bright but very energetic teen companion that appeared later, my favorite is The Zygon Who Fell to Earth.

Profile WWW  

[ 2 posts ]