Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri May 25, 2018 5:17 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 11 posts ] 
 Post subject: Ten Doctors soundtrack and motion comic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:30 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

hello rich. i have a request to make

i am working on a soundtrack to "the ten doctors". sound effects and music without voice. i am nearly done the first episode, and i want to make a motion comic using the comic, but there are a couple things i need. i need the panels for the first 14 pages as separate images (which i can get someone to do), and more importantly, i need a recreation of the 2005 opening titles that would match the comic, with a portrait of the ninth doctor. i tried to get help from some artists on a few fan pages, but i haven't got any responses. if it's not too much trouble, would you be able to help me out with that? i can send you a sample of the soundtrack if you want to see the quality of my work.

Post subject: Re: Ten Doctors soundtrack and motion comic
PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:33 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I moved this to Fanworks while we wait for Rich to get a chance to breathe and reply <g>. There was a group trying to do an audio for The Ten Doctors, but they more or less folded under technical difficulties in early 2011.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:32 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

yes, i think i saw that. the advantage to mine is that there are no voice actors and i'm not colourising the comic. it's just music and sound effects. last year i went through the comic and separated it into episodes with cliffhangers. the first episode is the first 14 pages of the comic. the music is done, and the most complicated sound effects are done. it just needs background ambient noise and a few body motion sounds. then i can add it to the comic as a motion comic if i have the panels as individual images and some kind of opening sequence. my idea was to have each episode have the title sequence for the doctor most prominent in the story at that point, with a portrait in the comic's style, and end with a portrait and theme music of the doctor most prominent at the cliffhanger. the first episode needs a ninth doctor opening sequence and an eighth doctor portrait for the end. i can easily have the soundtrack done for the 5oth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:44 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

i think you clicked the wrong board, by the way. this is gaming discussions

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 8:40 pm 
Creator
Creator

Yeah, this is a weird location for this topic... but anyway;

A soundtrack to "The 10 Doctors"? THAT'S COOL!! Sounds like you've been putting a lot of work into it. I only hope "The 23 Doctors" is nearly as impressive.

I'm not in any position to do any extra artwork at the moment, I'm behind on three or four webcomics and work has ramped up quite a bit (I'm doing storyboards for the new "Inspector Gadget" series).

I'm sure we can find what you need or similar.

-Rich

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:12 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

It's mainly a matter of having the panels separated and the portraits and a series of simple stills to make a title sequence. I have been trying to find people to help, but have not had much luck. Another guy in a Vancouver DW facebook group offered to help, then stopped responding. My idea for the project was to make a soundtrack Ithaca a simple slideshow of the comic, so that anyone who wanted to add voices or make animation could do so. So the work I need is pretty simple because it need only match the unfinished monochrome of the comic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:24 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Location, location, location ...

Yes, it was supposed to go to Fanworks, where it would make sense. I moved the topic, chose Fanworks, and then ... somehow ended up here, where I lack the mod powers to fix it. I must have nudged the mouse somehow, without seeing it, since this is the forum above it.

I pm'd the overworked DungeonMaster right away, but obviously the dungeon's got her too busy mastering the many things dungeons need mastered before getting around cleaning up my mess. At least your original location in the Roundtable stayed shadowed properly, that makes more sense than here!

So sorry it got messed up, but I'm sure it will be properly moved along eventually.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:09 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

yeah, any artists or people competent in photoshop who could help me out, it would be much appreciated

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:46 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

i might be able to work out something for the titles, and be able to separate the frames myself. all i'd need then is a simple face only portrait of doctors 8 and 9 in the style of the comic.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:46 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

audio is done. i have the images separated. i'm probably going to have to make do with a clean version of the opening that i found on youtube.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 20, 2013 6:26 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I know I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing it!

Profile WWW  

[ 11 posts ]