Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:39 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The Wilson Arms Tavern, Elwood city....
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 9:58 am 
Techgnome
Techgnome

Caelin breathed a sigh of relief when he saw that Dice was under Morgana's cloak. No telling what might happen if Dice took an interest in Fluffy.

Smiling as Morgana tried as quietly as possible to shake Dice loose, Caelin turned his attention back to Meegs. “A quest, eh? Where to and what are you after? I'll tell you whatever I might know, and we could also check with Eva at the library.”

PostPosted: Tue Apr 14, 2015 7:06 am 
Enforcer
Enforcer

Morgana finally untangled Dice and stroked its fur while listening in. What is it about taverns and quests? They seemed to go together but every time she fell right in and never regretted it.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:57 am 
Creator
Creator

Meegs looked over the group with her serious face on. She brought her hands imperiously to her hips and declared.
"I am on a quest for a new dragon goblet. I broke on in my set and I'm looking for an Elf craftsman who can replace it. Is there one in this city?"

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:18 pm 
Lich
Lich

Keldorn looked at the human wizard, trying to evaluate her. Was a dragon goblet something of mystical significance? Or was she just wanting to replace one of her wine set and using portentious language. He rather suspected the latter. He did have a hair of the Faerie Boar which might be used to turn Meegs's shopping trip into a proper quest.

The thought might be amusing, but the harper was aware of the lack of obvious fighters in the company, not to mention his own tipsiness. He took another swig of wine and decided that he would await others' responses.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 7:24 pm 
Techgnome
Techgnome

Caelin blinked, not sure if he could believe his pointed ears. How could Meegs *not* know there were craftsmen in Elwood? Before the elf could answer, though, a guffaw of laughter came from the other side of the bar. “Is there a craftsman in this city?” T'Chall said, his eyes wide in astonishment. “Oh, come on! I mean, I don't know where you've been keeping yourself, but if you've made your way to Elwood city, you must have known they have some of the finest elf craftsman around! Sheesh, sister, you been locked away in some tower or something?”

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:55 pm 
Enforcer
Enforcer

"May I ask, what exactly is a Dragon goblet?" asks Morgana carefully.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:53 am 
Creator
Creator

T-Chall wrote:
Caelin blinked, not sure if he could believe his pointed ears. How could Meegs *not* know there were craftsmen in Elwood? Before the elf could answer, though, a guffaw of laughter came from the other side of the bar. “Is there a craftsman in this city?” T'Chall said, his eyes wide in astonishment. “Oh, come on! I mean, I don't know where you've been keeping yourself, but if you've made your way to Elwood city, you must have known they have some of the finest elf craftsman around! Sheesh, sister, you been locked away in some tower or something?”

Meegs turned quickly to face T'Chall, hands raised and poised to cast someething at the offending Pooka. Her familiar bristled, stood on all fours and ruffled its feathers in sync with her.
"OF COURSE I knew there were craftsmen here, forest creature!" She all but hissed, her voice sounding somehow menacing and cute at the same time.

Morgana wrote:
"May I ask, what exactly is a Dragon goblet?" asks Morgana carefully.

Meegs calmed herself and turned back to Morgana. But when she replied, her demeanor changed entirely. She grinned and gestured enthusaistically with her small hands -which left faint golden streaks in the air as they moved. "Oh it's part of a set of dinnerware I picked up a few years ago. The plates and goblets are all made out of a fine-sanded ceramic with a pretty blue glaze and they've got these gorgeous little red and yellow dragons painted on them. " Her lip formed a little cherry-pout. "I only hope I can replace the broken one."

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2015 6:55 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Meegs calmed herself and turned back to Morgana. But when she replied, her demeanor changed entirely. She grinned and gestured enthusaistically with her small hands -which left faint golden streaks in the air as they moved. "Oh it's part of a set of dinnerware I picked up a few years ago. The plates and goblets are all made out of a fine-sanded ceramic with a pretty blue glaze and they've got these gorgeous little red and yellow dragons painted on them. " Her lip formed a little cherry-pout. "I only hope I can replace the broken one."

Having had it confirmed that this was just some ordinary item and witnessed Meegs hostility to the pooka, Keldorn decided it was time to say something.

"I'm really surprised that you've had to come here," he said. "I would have thought that a powerful wizard such as yourself would have been able to magic the goblet together again."

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 4:57 pm 
Enforcer
Enforcer

"I assume it must be more complicated than that" Morgana smiled towards Meegs. Even if it wasn't, it never hurt to allow someone to save face.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 pm 
Creator
Creator

keldorn wrote:
"I'm really surprised that you've had to come here," he said. "I would have thought that a powerful wizard such as yourself would have been able to magic the goblet together again."

Meegs turned her face slowly towards Keldorn, her lips pouted again. But before she could reply....
Morgana wrote:
"I assume it must be more complicated than that" Morgana smiled towards Meegs. Even if it wasn't, it never hurt to allow someone to save face.

Meegs grinned and nodded at Morgana. "Exactly! Of course I could 'magic up' a replacement piece, but there'd be no artistry in it! No craftsman's touch! It's not the same thing at all."
She glanced again at Keldorn. "Just as I could 'magic myself' up some music to entertain me at home. In perfect pitch and only what I want to hear. But that just would't be the art, would it? I should think a true bard would have understood that."
She cocked her head back at Morgana and it appeared as though she was probably winking. Meegs had apparently decided that Morgana was her new best friend!

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:26 pm 
Enforcer
Enforcer

Morgana smiled back. A quest for art, she could definitely get behind that! She guessed that Keldorn and Caelin, as elves themselves, would also find some merit in the idea. "Do you remember where the set was purchased for the first time?" she asked, quite curiously.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 27, 2015 8:31 pm 
Techgnome
Techgnome

“AHEM!” David said, a heavy scowl on his face as he looked toward Meegs.

"Meegs, I don't know how it is for you at other taverns, but unless you have an excellent reason for it, do not start flinging magic about in my tavern, or threaten to. Not to my customers, not to my employees, and especially not to my friends.

“Just because you're upset at T'Chall is not a good enough reason. Now, I realize he was rude in how he answered you, but after all, you did ask if there were any elf craftsmen here in Elwood.”

T'Chall's smirk vanished when David turned his attention toward the pooka. “Fox, you know better than that, now apologize to Meegs here.”

The pooka frowned, but nodded. Taking a deep breath T'Chall bowed his head slightly. “I'm sorry. That was rude of me.”

David looked back toward Meegs. “One more thing, the next time you arrive, please skip the thunder and lightning show. My customers aren't crazy about suddenly being blinded, and I'm not too fond of it either.”

Having finished, he looked over to Morgana and inclined his head toward her. "I hope you'll pardon me for the interruption."

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:51 am 
Enforcer
Enforcer

"Nothing to pardon, Lord Dave" Morgana said, hiding her puzzlement behind a smile. These people seemed to know the wizardess too well; either that or Lord Dave was more powerful than he seemed. "I gather you are all friends here?"

PostPosted: Thu Apr 30, 2015 10:26 am 
Creator
Creator

T-Chall wrote:
“AHEM!” David said, a heavy scowl on his face as he looked toward Meegs.
"Meegs, I don't know how it is for you at other taverns, but unless you have an excellent reason for it, do not start flinging magic about in my tavern, or threaten to. Not to my customers, not to my employees, and especially not to my friends.
“Just because you're upset at T'Chall is not a good enough reason. Now, I realize he was rude in how he answered you, but after all, you did ask if there were any elf craftsmen here in Elwood.”
T'Chall's smirk vanished when David turned his attention toward the pooka. “Fox, you know better than that, now apologize to Meegs here.”
The pooka frowned, but nodded. Taking a deep breath T'Chall bowed his head slightly. “I'm sorry. That was rude of me.”
David looked back toward Meegs. “One more thing, the next time you arrive, please skip the thunder and lightning show. My customers aren't crazy about suddenly being blinded, and I'm not too fond of it either.”
Having finished, he looked over to Morgana and inclined his head toward her. "I hope you'll pardon me for the interruption."

Meegs pouted and looked annoyed at being chastised, especially in front of others, but she bowed her head in aquiescence nevertheless. After all, Lord David was not someone to be trifled with.
"As you say, Milord, so shall it be done." She replied in a low voice. She turned briefly back toward T'Chall and gave him a nod. "Speak no more of it, friend. The past is gone."
Morgana wrote:
"Nothing to pardon, Lord Dave" Morgana said, hiding her puzzlement behind a smile. These people seemed to know the wizardess too well; either that or Lord Dave was more powerful than he seemed. "I gather you are all friends here?"

"It is unwise to claim too many friends too quickly." Meegs said to Morgana, her mood perking up a bit as she settled herself in a seat next to her. "But Elwood is a fine city with good people in it."
She ordered a drink in a more personable, less theatrical way before turning to both Keldorn and Morgana. "Caelin lives here, I know." she said with a friendly wave to the Elf, "And I've seen you around before." she said to Morgana. "You are a stranger to me." she said to Keldorn. "Let's rectify that. What brings you all here?"

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri May 01, 2015 7:15 am 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
She ordered a drink in a more personable, less theatrical way before turning to both Keldorn and Morgana. "Caelin lives here, I know." she said with a friendly wave to the Elf, "And I've seen you around before." she said to Morgana. "You are a stranger to me." she said to Keldorn. "Let's rectify that. What brings you all here?"

"Oh I came here for a bit of fun," replied Keldorn. "It seemed easier to go somewhere new rather than doing so near home when who knows what trouble those idiots might try causing.

"You see, a friend and I are setting up a base and the local thieves' guild thought they could ask for protection money. I haven't finished investigating how they're entangled with the government before deciding who might need to make charitable donations to whom.

"Anyway, rumour had it that the elves on this world know how to enjoy themselves. So I decided to come here.

"However, it was a bit worrying when you described your errand here as a quest. I'm obligated to a god of quests and thought that there was a danger of an adventuring party forming right around me here. (That's the problem with visiting some inns.)

"You spoke about music needing artistry. Well, true quests have their own special essence. And if I summoned the Faerie Boar or we went on another form of true quest... Well the dragon flagon we might end up with might be rather more than you expected."

[ 160 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next