Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Oct 15, 2018 6:38 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: In the Black Mountain
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:56 pm 
Creator
Creator

The Drow Queen inspected her nails before glancing back up to Sushulana.
"So....to reiterate.... you have some proposition whereby you think you can 'impress' the Queen Under the Mountain into letting you work with the Mountain Military Forces.... and I have said that
if you can get Her Majesty to give you some kind of employment, then you're free to honour it.... but if she sends you back to me, I'll have you packed into a tiny cage in Arachne's playroom."

She leaned back and folded her hands primly on her shapely lap. "Have you got a plan yet?"

Profile WWW YIM  

Post subject: Re: In the Black Mountain
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 3:31 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
She leaned back and folded her hands primly on her shapely lap. "Have you got a plan yet?"

"Several." She replies confidently. "Oh, apologies, I wasn't just talking to myself. It is called brain-storming, and if I had a staff I would encourage them to interrupt me with thoughts of their own as plans come together in my head.
Okay, first thing, I cannot go to work for you as an advisor unless that Queen approves as well. I hadn't anticipated that, I thought that standing up to her would help my cause with you instead of hurting it. Fortunately, the issue of helping to protect the Royal children has come up."

She takes a couple of steps up to face the ex-Queen and current Fool squarely.
"The best way to protect a group of the helpless is to secretly put one among them that isn't so helpless. There are many magics to hide or change one's shape, but there is more; someone that can effortlessly imitate the behavior of a spoiled Orcish brat. Someone that can consistently do so day after day without giving anything away. I don't think I could do that, I love kids but I never really had much chance to be one... I think you could manage it."

Sushulana isn't speaking mockingly, and she holds up her hand to stall any objection from Erz'beth. "It won't be so very long, orcs grow up quickly, so very quickly. What is a handful of years to a Drow? And you would be good at this, I can see it in you. Maybe even brilliant... and wouldn't it be a fine thing to come back from a thing like this with an unquestionable success under your belt?
You might even have the chance to do something Heroic, and wouldn't it be wonderful to be known for something like that, instead of the way things are now? You might never have to put on that Jester outfit again.... well, unless you want to."

Sushulana isn't speaking down to this woman (nevermind that fact that she is so much shorter) and she shows that she is fully aware of how much she is asking of her. Yes, asking, advisors don't command.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:05 pm 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
"Several." She replies confidently. "Oh, apologies, I wasn't just talking to myself. It is called brain-storming, and if I had a staff I would encourage them to interrupt me with thoughts of their own as plans come together in my head.
Okay, first thing, I cannot go to work for you as an advisor unless that Queen approves as well. I hadn't anticipated that, I thought that standing up to her would help my cause with you instead of hurting it. Fortunately, the issue of helping to protect the Royal children has come up."

She takes a couple of steps up to face the ex-Queen and current Fool squarely.
"The best way to protect a group of the helpless is to secretly put one among them that isn't so helpless. There are many magics to hide or change one's shape, but there is more; someone that can effortlessly imitate the behavior of a spoiled Orcish brat. Someone that can consistently do so day after day without giving anything away. I don't think I could do that, I love kids but I never really had much chance to be one... I think you could manage it."

Sushulana isn't speaking mockingly, and she holds up her hand to stall any objection from Erz'beth. "It won't be so very long, orcs grow up quickly, so very quickly. What is a handful of years to a Drow? And you would be good at this, I can see it in you. Maybe even brilliant... and wouldn't it be a fine thing to come back from a thing like this with an unquestionable success under your belt?
You might even have the chance to do something Heroic, and wouldn't it be wonderful to be known for something like that, instead of the way things are now? You might never have to put on that Jester outfit again.... well, unless you want to."

Sushulana isn't speaking down to this woman (nevermind that fact that she is so much shorter) and she shows that she is fully aware of how much she is asking of her. Yes, asking, advisors don't command.

Queen Nephilia sighed deeply while Elzear'bith glared at Sushulana, clearly the ex-queen had no idea how to react or what to say.

"Even given," said Nephilia, "that I am in no way interested in 'hiring' you to be my advisor in any capacity.... I'm not sure how my sending in a spy to infiltrate and ...'protect'... the Royal Heirs will help you to earn yourself a place at the side of the Queen Under the Mountain." she shook her head with a snort. "And whatever faith you place in my fool to be able to behave like an Orc child, I'm fairly certain that the Orc Royals are able to count. An extra whelp in their midst would not go unnoticed."

Arachne gave a mild look of interest as she folder her arms and leaned against the wall. Clearly she was at the very least amused by Sushulana's bizarre suggestions.

"I could do that." Elzear'bith muttered under her breath, unexpectedly. "I could get in. Maybe not as a child, but as a tutor. Or a nurse. I could bring you direct intelligence from the Royals and have their most vulnerable nut in our clutches at the same time."

Queen Nephilia raised an eyebrow and looked at Elzaer'bith. "Magically disguised as an Orc, you mean?" she snorted. "The Royal Necromancer would spot you in an instant. Heck, the child Princelings would identify you the moment you opened your mouth."

"That settles it." The King Consort, Wolf, snickered. "Elzaer'bith likes the idea. Therefore it's totally idiotic and doomed to failure."

Arachne chuckled but made no comment.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 1:08 am 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Arachne chuckled but made no comment.

"I think there has been a misunderstanding."
She takes a deep breath, hands behind her back, and begins again-

This brave woman will not be our spy, she will have no contact with us for the duration of her assignment, and she will be KNOWN to the Queen of the Orcs. She will be adopted into that family, officially, by dint of some long-lost relation or the result of one of Glon's many dalliances with who-knows-what. The story needs to be convincing to the public, whatever it is, only the Queen will know the truth, and we here in this room."

She faces Elzaer'bith directly again, dead-serious in tone and facial expression. "Your mission would be to prevent the slaughter of children, period. The reasons why should be obvious, given the Political situation here. The rest of the Drow will not be able to help you, the Orcs will not know who you are. You cannot give yourself away, and you would have nothing to work with but your skills and what magic Drow are born with... and whatever happens to come to hand when danger strikes. Honestly, I think it may, but that's just a feeling."
She lowers her voice, and adds softly; "A sensible person would want to think this over, at least for a little while, eh?"

Sushulana spins on one heel and takes two steps back toward the Queen and Arachne.
"That is just the icing on the cake. To get the Queen to even hear this, I would have to earn her respect ahead of time. How about a test of combat? Half a dozen of her best vs. me, and if I can overcome them all without killing or maiming them... hmm, not enough? I won't use any magic that affects them if that helps. I'd fight naked, but that might be seen as an unfair distraction."

She carefully reaches into a pocket in her tattered clothes, turning so that Arachne and the Queen can see exactly what she is doing. "Now, as for my resume', reasons why you should hire me. My gift for you."

From that small pocket comes a somewhat larger book, and she will pass it to whichever woman reaches for it first (i would expect Arachne, just to check it for traps)

[center]The Quick & Dirty
Guide to
Combat Magic[/center]

[center]by; Field Marshal Sushulana Evelarian vin Treewater[/center]

It has some interesting Chapters-
Expedient spell components
The care and feeding of Mages (this one is for Army commanders)
The Underdark

Yes, that one will catch some interest, and it is starkly cold-blooded in it's approach to winning battles. It includes passages about things like poison gas, a ruthless analysis of the use of Earthquakes, and a passage about using the Polymorph Anything spells to create seems of Coal out of ordinary rock... and then lighting them on fire. "A last-ditch area denial tactic, to transform entire caverns into hell on/under Earth."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 10:53 pm 
Creator
Creator

It was indeed the silent and watchful Arachne who took the book and inspected the cover. She flipped a couple of pages before handing it wordlessly to the Queen.

Nephilia took a little longer in her inspection. She actually read a few passages chosen at random before handing the book to her husband. Wolf settled in and pored over it more carefully.

"Field Marshall eh?" she asked with a snort. "Okay, so maybe you're not as stupid as we had originally passed you off. So your idea, just to be clear, is to disguise Elzaer'bith as an Orc whelp and insert her into the Royal nursery to act as a body guard -with Her Majesty's consent. And thus somehow ingratiate yourself into Black Mountain Society as some kind of military advisor."

Elzaer'Bith seemed unsure as to whether she approved or not. She stood with her arms folded mulling the idea over.

"One might have said so at the beginning." muttered Wolf, looking through a section on poisons.

"Only you now have to figure out how you're going to present your idea to the Queen, and you're hoping we'll somehow help get you an Audience." The Queen finished off, leaning back in her throne.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:05 am 
Lich
Lich

"Yeeesss, Field Marshal is the rank I held at that time, far and away from here." Something goes cold and hard inside her, she will not ignore that snort, or allow anyone to denigrate her past accomplishments. It is a line that she won't allow anyone to cross... and it would probably be foolish to do so in this environment in any case.

Beholder King wrote:
"One might have said so at the beginning." muttered Wolf, looking through a section on poisons.

"One did, but never mind that, Sirrah. Subtlety is a rare thing among males... of any species."
A long history of frustration is behind those words.

Beholder King wrote:
"Only you now have to figure out how you're going to present your idea to the Queen, and you're hoping we'll somehow help get you an Audience." The Queen finished off, leaning back in her throne.

"True... and subtly is not one of my strengths either, far from it. My suggestion of a little trial by combat won't work? I would have thought that pit-fighting would be a staple entertainment there, if not an arena. Hmmm... well, this certainly is an unusual place, the Politics alone are a little baffling. How would you-all suggest I proceed at this point?"

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:54 pm 
Lich
Lich

I can't edit that last post, but I can add this -

"Yes... nothing impresses Orcs like a good fight. How do they do it? Non-leathal would be most appealing to me, as it would be bad form to try to get on their good side by killing some of them... or one would think so, at least.

With my staff, I could take on that Captain that whipped me, plus half a dozen of his buddies IF it was blunted weapons all-round. I could do that without any spells, but can we trust the other guys not to use any?

I'd have to use spells if I was going to take on anyone naked, the Amazons call that 'smooth' or Basic back where I come from. I ain't no good at fighting without a weapon or a spell at hand, never seemed much point for someone as dinky as I am, so I learned magic instead.
So, where do we go from here?"

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:51 pm 
Creator
Creator

"Oh, I think a pit fight would be a marvellous idea." Nephilia said with a considered smile. "Magic isn't one of the Queen's favorite things... I'd be happy to set you up for a battle against Her best. Your state of undress I'll leave up to you, though naked to suggestive is always popular at these things. It would certainly garner you the attention you seek."
Nephilia looked Sushulana up and down, her eyes narrowed with thought. "What would be your weapon of choice?"

Some of the others in the room glanced at their Queen as if she'd gone mad, but knew better than to question her so boldly.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:48 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Your state of undress I'll leave up to you, though naked to suggestive is always popular at these things. It would certainly garner you the attention you seek."

"Hmmm." She thinks for a moment. "So, its more of a Fashion statement, instead of a dare, eh? Alright... I need something skimpy. Something that fits tight but with fringes or some other useless thing that invited a grab, and will break away instead.
Might get them to waste an attack or two."

Beholder King wrote:
Nephilia looked Sushulana up and down, her eyes narrowed with thought. "What would be your weapon of choice?"

"This."
She holds up her custom (not enchanted) 3-section staff. "Ideal if they are using less-than-lethal weapons... I don't believe this is something that is commonly seen here. Should be good for a surprise or three."

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 1:46 pm 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
"This."
She holds up her custom (not enchanted) 3-section staff. "Ideal if they are using less-than-lethal weapons... I don't believe this is something that is commonly seen here. Should be good for a surprise or three."

Queen Nephilia nodded approvingly while Wolf and Arachne rose up a bit, both fingering the hilts of the weapons at their belts. At a casual signal from the Queen, Wolf settled back down to his reading.

Arachne, however, stepped closer, though her hand moved away from her weapon. "May I see it?" she asked, holding a bare hand out.

"Very well." Nephilia said. "I shall send a message to Her Majesty Queen Under the Mountain to arrange for your show. In the meantime, Arachne can show you to a place where you can stay and prepare yourself until we hear back."

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:40 pm 
Lich
Lich

"Ahh, so it is in your hands I will be in," She says, looking straight into Arachne's red eyes with her own, which are turning a somewhat more electric shade of blue.

The look in those eyes is about all the warning Arachne will be getting. Phaing has been denied certain things for far, far too long. She's not exactly in control of herself at the moment.

She slaps the folded staff into Arachne's hand, but keeps a hold of it herself. She pulls Herself into Arachne, in a deliberate but not sodden movement, and stands on her toes to kiss her. The instant Arachne starts to return that kiss, it becomes soft, inviting, yielding to the Drow woman in so many ways ... but not all ways.
As if to demonstrate her flexibility, she brings one leg up and around, her heel trailing up until it finds Arachne's tailbone, rubbing and pressing her there until both women have their pelvic regions up against each other.

When the kiss breaks, Phaing does the unthinkable, and closes her eyes while still in Arachne's gasp... and is now speaking the the Queen. "Many thanks, your Grace. It would appear that I am truly in .... mmm.... your debt."

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:45 am 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
"Ahh, so it is in your hands I will be in," She says, looking straight into Arachne's red eyes with her own, which are turning a somewhat more electric shade of blue.

The look in those eyes is about all the warning Arachne will be getting. Phaing has been denied certain things for far, far too long. She's not exactly in control of herself at the moment.

She slaps the folded staff into Arachne's hand, but keeps a hold of it herself. She pulls Herself into Arachne, in a deliberate but not sodden movement, and stands on her toes to kiss her. The instant Arachne starts to return that kiss, it becomes soft, inviting, yielding to the Drow woman in so many ways ... but not all ways.
As if to demonstrate her flexibility, she brings one leg up and around, her heel trailing up until it finds Arachne's tailbone, rubbing and pressing her there until both women have their pelvic regions up against each other.

When the kiss breaks, Phaing does the unthinkable, and closes her eyes while still in Arachne's gasp... and is now speaking the the Queen. "Many thanks, your Grace. It would appear that I am truly in .... mmm.... your debt."

Arachne stiffened at first, aborting her attempted inspection of the weapon when Sushulana started to kiss her. She accepted and returned the kiss, though she was guarded against betrayal.

Queen Nephalia, Wolf and Elzaer'bith -and the servants and attendants in the room for that matter- all stopped what they were doing to watch the interaction with various levels of interest. Nephalia amused, Wolf absorbed, and Elzaer'bith bemused and a little put off.

"Well, then I guess she's all yours for the moment, Arachne." the Queen said with a smirk. "Why don't you take her to her room now."

Arachne broke off the display, though she kept one hand pressed against Sushulana's back and glanced back at the Queen. "As you wish, your Majesty." she said, and taking the girl's hand, lead her back into the inner chambers of the Drow Realm.
-----
Arachne said nothing to Sushalana during their walk through the residential quarter. Until she came to an unoccupied suit and pushed the door open. She looked down at the girl, her face unemotional. "Do you need some time to yourself.... or is there some way I can be of... assistance right now?"

(OOC: For the record, I will not be engaging in any explicit smut in this forum. If you want to write that in your own space, go right ahead. But I'll be sticking to fade-to-black when such things transpire.)

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:43 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Arachne said nothing to Sushalana during their walk through the residential quarter. Until she came to an unoccupied suit and pushed the door open. She looked down at the girl, her face unemotional. "Do you need some time to yourself.... or is there some way I can be of... assistance right now?"

"Assistance?" Phaing asks with a grin, biting her lip.... but the unemotional look Arachne is giving her makes Phaing thump her forehead with the heel of her own hand, and shake her head with some vigor. "Yes, right, what do I need? Okay, what I require is half a day's rest before the fight. Twelve hours, and don't let me get around that! THrow me in here with food and water and lock the door."

She does not enter the room, however, and she allowed Arachne to hold on to her staff. It has three sections that do not match, exactly. The center section is white Ash, at one end is redwood that is heavily checkered, and the other end is shorter and blunter, made of some purple/black wood. It is a mundane weapon, one that has been modified one careful bit of carving over many years, to suit one user's style.
Even when this thing is moving so quickly that it is just a blur, that blur would be color-coded, and the slight imbalance and intricate carving would help the wielder keep up with it.

Once business is out of the way, Phaing leans back on the doorjamb and sighs.
"I guessed right about you, otherwise I would be on my butt with a bloody lip right now, right? Truth is, I'm too worked up for rest now, too frazzled and I need... someone to understand me. And, I need to show what gratitude really means to me."
The smile comes back. "I have a hobby; I like to help fulfill other people's fantasies. Is there something you have never done, but always wanted to?" She continues, carefully, very quietly, arms dangling at her sides. "For example.... have you ever wanted to be the guy, just for a little while?"

Beholder King wrote:
(OOC: For the record, I will not be engaging in any explicit smut in this forum. If you want to write that in your own space, go right ahead. But I'll be sticking to fade-to-black when such things transpire.)

OOC - Thanks for saying so, reminders like this are always welcome.
I don't plan to get too explicit, but that line exists at different places for everyone. I'll put and NSFW heading and use the Spoiler function if I ever think I'm about to cross the line.

In general terms; Phaing draws the line at anything that draws blood or causes "excessive" pain. She won't object to others being present, but if they are not taking part they will be ignored, as if they no longer exist for her. She is playful, inventive, and can't help being affectionate if there is any opening for such things.
Her insatiable curiosity will cause her to go along with just about anything Arachne suggests, and she will have suggestions of her own.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:32 pm 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
Once business is out of the way, Phaing leans back on the doorjamb and sighs.

"I guessed right about you, otherwise I would be on my butt with a bloody lip right now, right? Truth is, I'm too worked up for rest now, too frazzled and I need... someone to understand me.
And, I need to show what gratitude really means to me."

The smile comes back. "I have a hobby; I like to help fulfill other people's fantasies. Is there something you have never done, but always wanted to?"
She continues, carefully, very quietly, arms dangling at her sides. "For example.... have you ever wanted to be the guy, just for a little while?"

Arachne finnished her inspection of the weapon and handed it back, her lips curling into a faint smile at the eager girls' words.
"I have ample opportunity to explore my own fantasies." she said, not unkindly but with a confident edge. "There's nothing specific I require from you at the moment."
She reached down and gripped Sushulana's clothes at the shoulders, pushing her firmly backwards into the room. "Why don't you just tell me what you like." She kicked the door closed behind her.

[END OF SCENE]

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:37 pm 
Lich
Lich

Phaing will sleep long and deeply, afterwards, a full night's rest and then some. It does her a world of good; she is even healed up (ring) from the whipping and any minor things that might have happened with Arachne.

Bright and chipper, she will bounce out of bed and wash herself off with whatever water she can find. Phaing will discard most of her tattered and smelly clothing, saving only a couple of leather straps and small pouches. With nothing on but a smile, she will then scoop up her staff and launch into a quick little practice session that looks like this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=75ZzQpYigRQ

The room itself is probably too small, its safer in any case for her to do it out in the hallway.

Once done with that, she returns to Arachne ready to start a new day. "Thanks so much, for everything. I suppose that ... bah! Enough about me. I find you to be fascinating, now more so than ever. Ah.... is this a breach of Drow propriety? I don't mean to pry, but I am curious about you, and how you came to be so... accomplished. You really knocked my socks off last night.
Well, if I HAD any, you would have.
Speaking of that, I still need something frivolous to wear to the arena, something that even an Orc would find taunting. They don't seem to think very highly of me, might as well capitalize on that."

[ 31 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next