Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 9:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: Outrage of the Zygons page 30
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:49 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

by Mreen
Kimber not listening?

Well, that's par for the course. I'm surprised TechRat bothered with just stunners, but I suppose he'd just as soon leave actual executions to someone else.
Posted at 04:16
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by The Jaded Dolphin

My confusion over Techrat's loyalties is growing by the page. I have no clue where his loyalties lie at the moment, so I'll just have to settle back and see!
Posted at 05:41
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Mark

Had you said something on a previous page about Kimber and Stormer perhaps having had an implied romantic relationship? I think I recall something about that but I'm not sure.
Posted at 05:43
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Rich

It's from one of the episodes. Stormer and Kimber get friendly and it gets a bit thick. It's definately romantic with plausible deniability.
Gravatar Posted at 07:33
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Donald Simmons

Kimber/Stormer is *the* slash pairing from the series.
Posted at 09:23
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Mitchell Craig

TechRat, obviously, is making plans to leave the planet and let his current employer swing in the wind.

If his thoughts in the last panel are indicative of his true purpose, that is.

knonere locality: An obscure Scottish/Welsh (Scwelsh?) phrase whose meaning is equally obscure.
Posted at 09:29
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Vulpis

@Jaded Dolphin
Nothing to be confused about--he's loyal to himself. :-)
Gravatar Posted at 10:56
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Bill M.

Wait... my two favorite characters from the show are unconscious? Dang it, my giggity-senses are going haywire!
Posted at 11:41
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Eocene4ever

Hm. I guess the only person who can stop Techrat now is Minx! She was the only one he actually allowed to touch his stuff. lol! She needs to come back from the Stingers tour fast!

Oh hey will Video, Clash & Danse show up on here?

Capcha- topeopo reported. Uh oh, what's he done this time...?
Posted at 12:35
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by The Doctor's Son

I thought Techrat had killed them at first. And it would have served them right for having an argument when they were supposed to be stealthily following a baddie with a gun!

@Michell Craig: Old Scottish and Welsh are similar but not the same, like French and Italian.

Ausli Patton's: a bar on Gallifrey frequented by the Doctor when he was at university.
Posted at 15:53
Fri 04 Feb 2011
by Tzigone

Hey, so Synergy's back here, eh? :)

And I'm one of those that just never saw any romantic possibility for Kimber/Stormer - Kimber's always been shown to be straight and I've never done the shipping straight characters with same sex partners (wouldn't advocate gay characters with opposite sex partners, either, but I don't ever see that in fic). Stormer - we don't get enough to say.

Of course, I also like Rio and don't think he's a cheater and I find Riot creepy (and seriously the Master would be so envious of his ability to control people), so maybe I'm just strange.
Posted at 01:59
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by Lioconvoy

Ahh so that's how you delt with that plot hole, well played.
Posted at 03:23
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by Hilary

Tzigone: Bisexuals. We exist, I assure you. ;) That and the teenage years are rife with experimentation.

Stormer we never see in a romantic relationship other than with Kimber - there's the castaway who flirts with her, but she doesn't really reciprocate and we never see him again. The misfits seem to be aware of her orientation - their verse of "Bad Influence" includes the line "she'll break your heart in two," a strong phrase for a friendship but entirely plausible for them to say to a gay friend chasing an experimenting straight girl (or one they believe to be entirely straight).

There are some very intimate set pieces in the video for their duet, as well as signs in later episodes of continued shared affection.

And remember, of course, it's all set in a children's cartoon from the early 1980s, where such things weren't exactly kosher to discuss out loud.

Kimber: I care about you, Stormer. Friends?
Stormer: Friends forever. Against the world.
Posted at 06:39
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by The Doctor's Son

Tzigon: and seriously the Master would be so envious of his ability to control people.

I thought the Master alredy could? Didn't he possess or hypnotise on of the Doctor's copanions (Jo?). Certainly, in Series Three he managed to not only convince people he was Harold Saxon, but also managed to get himself elected as Prime Minister in just a year.
Posted at 07:38
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by nievesg

Loyalties? Who needs loyalties? Techrat has just been using the Zygon, just as he's been using the real boss of the Misfits in the past. He pretended to serve them, just to get rewarded with all sorts of technical stuff for his own plans. When Techrat's plans are ready, he can get rid of everyone else if he wants to.
Posted at 11:20
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by ericinwisconsin

It appears that TechRat's motives are a bit more complex than I had at first been imagining. (What a strange, strange line!) If all he wanted was to skip the planet, he'd have rushed back to the TARDIS and taken off. He's up to more, I suspect.

(Although, on second thought, maybe he no longer has the brains to do it since the Time Lords did a number on his head before stranding him.)

laws sisser: The Zygon equivalent to Napoleonic Law.
Gravatar Posted at 17:06
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by jrpelt

@Rich: "It's definately romantic with plausible deniability."

Like Grace and Romana?
Posted at 17:14
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by jrpelt

Moving away from "are they or aren't they" quips, is this abandoned amusement park new, or something that happened within the series?
Posted at 19:07
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by Rich

jrpelt:Like Grace and Romana?

No no no! Not at all! In "The 10 Doctors", Grace kisses Romana because she thinks it's the Doctor regenerated into a woman. I have gone with the assumption that Grace is straight and has regretted her decision not to go with the Doctor when he was around. She's pined and searched for him, blowing the connection all out of proportion in her mind. So when she runs into what she thinks is 'him', she's so determined no to lose him again that she pushes aside her feelings about him now being a woman to keep him.
Romana may be straight, or not (I assume bi at least simply because there was definitely some chemistry between her and the 4th Doctor), or the orientation thing may not apply at all with Gallifreyan reproduction culture.
She is surprised by the contact and not freaked out about it at all when she realizes what's going on. (not too dissimilar to the 9th Doctor's reaction when Jack kisses him goodbye. Surprised, perhaps, but more amused than having any real emotional reaction in any direction.)

I'm firmly of the school of thought that Time Lords don't get it on with companions because, while they may be physically similar looking, they're actually completely different on a social/psychological/temporal level.

So, no, not plausibly deniable. Completley accidental.
Posted at 19:33
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by The Doctor's Son

Rich: I'm firmly of the school of thought that Time Lords don't get it on with companions because, while they may be physically similar looking, they're actually completely different on a social/psychological/temporal level.

Ten, of course, appeared to ignore this when getting it on with Rose (and Elizabeth I!!). And 11 got accidentally engaged with Maralyn Monroe. (I hope that isn't a spoiler: Has everyone seen A Christmas Carol?)

Posted at 21:25
Sat 05 Feb 2011
by jrpelt

Rich: I remembered the... initial cause of confusion between the two of them back in the hospital. I was actually more referring to the end of "10Dr.'s" where they're vague figures far in the background, and it's left to the readers' imagination how they're saying goodbye. Beyond that, I'm also of the "no, they aren't" mindset regarding the Doctor and his companions.

Anyway, I asked about Synergy being moved to an amusement park in my last post. I've since checked up on this in the various JEM ep. lists online, as well as character profiles on Kimber and Stormer, with all sites claiming they were still good friend (wink wink[?]) by the series' end. Therefore, the park and Kimber's animosity towards Stormer are evidently changes that have occurred in the... months? weeks? since the end of JEM and the beginning of "Outrage". Will these be plot-relevant events that flashbacks or exposition will delve into, or are we going to be left to assume they're just things that've happened since the series was cancelled, the specifics of we'll just have to guess?
Posted at 04:34
Sun 06 Feb 2011
by Rich

The Doctor's Son: Yes. I have to assume that the 10th (and 9th Doctor's since it's a logical follow-on from what was established) went completely insane as regards to Rose. In the context of a brand new series, it helped to engage the mainstream crowd who want and expect some romance. In the larger context of the whole series, it was odd, out of character and a little bit revolting.
The thing with Elizabeth I enraged me and I've harped on about it in other places (see the Forum somewhere). I will not acknowledge that when discussing what the Doctor will or will not do.
The Maralyn Monroe thing smacked of Gary Stu wish fulfillment. It's one thing to have the classic Doctors dropping historic names. But to have him become a galactic lothario is a little bit juvenile.

jrpelt: Despite what the JEM websites might say, Stormer was still actively part of the Misfits in subsequent episodes when they got into conflicts with the Holograms. Also, the beginning of this comic shows Stormer taking an active (if unknowing) roll in the series of events that leads to the Doctor's life being threatened and Synergy about to get destroyed.
Kimber's a little upset by this.
Posted at 11:43
Sun 06 Feb 2011
by ericinwisconsin

Rich, I'd love to see you write a story about the Doctor and Marilyn Monroe. I'll bet it would not be at all what it seems...

nsister Gratineed: The third actor to play Doctor Who in India.

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Outrage of the Zygons page 30
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:57 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Most of the time I thought the Doctor wasn't interested in companions in a romantic nature, and that he didn't have to be. He was more often a father figure than anything else.

But some companions were clearly not seeking father figures, and some looked like subtle, or not so subtle pairings. It wasn't something I got worked up about either way.

Quote:
Lioconvoy

Ahh so that's how you dealt with that plot hole, well played.

Actually, the first time I read that[panel 2] thru, I had to chuckle at that bit. I could just see noble Jerrica "just couldn't' lie to the property inspectors"
- let's hope Rio never hears about that one!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:37 am 
Kobold
Kobold

Hi Rich & Hilary
its a shame that the comments section had to be closed off.
I dont remember if I watched any of the Jem series, but I had the dolls, so I am loving this comic. I never knew about your site when you were writing the 10 doctors - the first I found out about it, you had started Outrage. Needless to say it didnt take me very long to read the other doctor related comics! I am now making my way through the other comics that are there as well, but with less speed because I am reading the comments sections of all the pages as I go (including 10 drs so thats a lot of comments!).
I have never been game enough to try commenting on the pages though, so now here on the forum I can say that I really love your story telling.
Hilary I wish you luck in sorting out the comments page - as I dont know the first thing about websites etc I find your work just as impresive a Rich's!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:47 pm 
Creator
Creator

Hey jedi_dreams;
Thanks for the kind words! Hilary's work is less obvious than mine perhaps, but she does a hell of a lot. Thanks for acknowledging her efforts like that. She deserves lots of appreciation and praise. The sites not only exist, but look GREAT thanks to her.

Good luck getting through all those pages and all those comments!
And thanks for reading. :D
-Rich

-edit--
It is to be noted also that Bunshichi has been a HUUUGE help, doing tons of website coding for us. Make a point to thank him as well please! Thank you Bun!!!!

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 9:06 pm 
Orc
Orc

Too bad the comments are closed, half the fun was the discussion of the captcha phrases and especially how they related to the Zenfroogles.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:04 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I'm considering that a side benefit, personally. :P

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:30 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Aw :( - I love the Zenfroogle story! :mrgreen:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:33 pm 
Orc
Orc

Yes, a shame about the comments section, but thank God Hilary knows her stuff. Posting here works well!

[ 8 posts ]