Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:22 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Page 166 and the End of All Things
PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2009 8:20 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Page 166 -

Okay, so it isn't really the end of all things, but it is a massive cliff hanger-

I find myself refreshing it just to see if the comments equal the page number yet - (last glimpse it had 162 comments, but I expect 166 to be arrived at within the hour, and 200 with a day or two, barring an update. I hope there's an update :mrgreen: )

We have the shrubbery debate - exacting study of the shrubbery finds it may not planters beneath them after all, but planted feet, including that of the 5th Doctor, played by Peter Davison in TV&radio, who has also just come from Spamalot, where he also dealt with massive amounts of shrubbery - some say the kept shrubbery pinned to his costume. Coincidence that he then appears behind the shrubbery in this page?

....well, yeah ....

While minds are worrying about shrubbery and garden paths, the Dalek Tor and his dalek companions lead off the High Council to become more of the same. The 8th Doctor is shouting, the newest supreme Dalek leader is gloating, and 4 and 5 are facing a bit more of a challenge than they were expecting. Well, if unexpected, but not surprising, it still threw the Doctor for a loop. If you follow. If you do, please explain it to the rest of us.

This leaves the High Council in a quandary, all the Doctor scheming madly, tho possibly not all on the same side, and certainly some of them more mad than others. One of them more mad - but we all know that an insane Dalek is no less a brilliantly mad schemer just because it's out to exterminate it's own kind in the end.

The fans in turn are left with nothing to turn upon but rereading the rest, trying to organize where all the rest have gotten, figure out who they left out, charting events like fantasy football players (okay, I've never done fantasy football, but it's the closest thing I can imagine to compare this too) - "Doc 3 and 6 are here, and 7's there, 8 - no 8's tied up, but 9 is ....oh, lost track again - but 1 is definitely - oh, yeah, there. Does 2 know what he's doing?"

Anything to feed the frenzy, or the fans will start to turn on each other. It happens - you can see it happening, we're all starting to fall prey to that canniballistic urge...

and the OhNoes! are left hiding behind their fanart:

ISI- the new patron saint of penning the fan's fears in comic form for the following of the tenth Doctor in The Ten Doctors fan comic ....thus relegating them all as the OhNoes forever more...well, at least till he gets out that particular pickle ...hopefully, not so pickled as Leela's sons appeared. Unless they can be restored as well... (doesn't seem too likely just now)

So, will 7 and the Rani turn Davro's attempts to regain control aside? While 3, 6, and the Warlord turn everyone else on each other. Will 1 and EVERYONE deal with 9 and Drax, or will 2 (and perhaps still 2.5) and Glitz handle things instead? ...

and - what about Naomi?

..and there are 164 comments by the time I finished typing this page

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: Page 166 and the End of All Things
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 1:37 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Okay so I had to answer one question, and become the maker of comment 169- which will probably be the last comment ever, as I was typing, even as the next page was being posted. The fan feeding frenzy was put off, :wacky: :o as they were left oohing and ah-ing over the new page. :smart: :choccake:

*sometimes pictures Rich cackling evilly Master style, as he times these* :wink:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:03 pm 
Kobold
Kobold

M'reen wrote:
ISI- the new patron saint of penning the fan's fears in comic form for the following of the tenth Doctor in The Ten Doctors fan comic ....thus relegating them all as the OhNoes forever more...well, at least till he gets out that particular pickle ...hopefully, not so pickled as Leela's sons appeared. Unless they can be restored as well... (doesn't seem too likely just now)

:hehe:
I just happened upon this today, and found it very funny! I had just drawn that picture as a bit of silliness; I hadn't expected to end up being labled a patron saint of worried Ten fans! Honestly, this has made my day!
( The OhNoes! :lol: )

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2010 12:32 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Which just goes to prove the old saying:

Some strive for saintliness, while others have sainthood thrust upon them while doodling.

That pic was passed around everywhere for a months - I still think I should have it made into a button to wear at sci fi conventions <g>

Profile WWW  

[ 4 posts ]