Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 8:27 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Greetings! Present for Readers of Rich's 10 Doctor's comic.
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 12:46 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Davros is great!

He's almost got that Kenny vibe, you know?
:biggrin:
(The Auton is good too :mrgreen: )

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:31 am 
Goblin
Goblin

M'reen wrote:
I knew you'd know the name <g>

Hmm- a South Park Tractater ... that could be funny to see beside Turlough :biggrin:

That's the sort of thing... I want to build a "beastiary" before I tried to do some of the Companions. I honestly think that the Companions aren't usually as visually interesting as the races that the Doctor goes up against. Except people like Turlough, the Brigadier and Zoe.. they have things like hair and outfits that lend themselves well to this.

Turlough is just dark suit, frowny face, and red hair mostly. Zoe is brown bob cut and a sparkly cat suit, the Brig is dark hair and moustache and lots of medals. That kind of thing.. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:45 am 
Goblin
Goblin

M'reen wrote:
Davros is great!

He's almost got that Kenny vibe, you know?
:biggrin:

That shouldn't be too surprising, I think he's been dead almost as many times as Kenny. >=)

Davros was fun to do. And I'm glad that he turned out as well as he did. :)

M'reen wrote:
(The Auton is good too :mrgreen: )

The hardest part on doing him really was deciding what I wanted him to wear.. go for the classic look from "Spearhead" or go for something more like you'd see on a mannequin. I went for the latter to spice him up a bit.

But I appreciate that you're checking out the full sized ones as well, you can see a bit more detail on them that way. The Silurian looks better when he's bigger for instance. ;)

My goal is that when I'm all done these, I may do up a few small strips just do get out some ideas that came floating in when I was doing the characters.

(eg: Vashta Narada [who sounds very similar to Richmond from The IT Crowdtalking to Chris Eccleston's Doctor: "And you were worried about typecasting? My casting calls are Hey Vash, we have a part for you.. you're chained to a wall in a dungeon and the hero walks in... I only took this role because I get to keep the wardrobe..)

That's the sort of thing I get doing these.. (grin)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:47 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Btw M'Reen.. I couldn't get it out of my head, so go check out the "hell that hath wrought" by your Kenny comment in my Picasa page.. sorry, but it *had* to be done. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:52 am 
Goblin
Goblin

darrenryall wrote:
Lily Knotwise wrote:
Those... Are so awesome. I love them. My only critique would be... I think Five needs a different expression. I think it would fit him better. But that's just my humble opinion! I still think they're all wicked. :D

I'm totally open to changing his expression.. more of a "Oh, did I leave the kettle on again in the TARDIS?" type expression?

Hehe, that would be great. Or a little smile or something. :D Also, the newest ones are looking great.

It's true that some of the companions aren't quite as "interesting" visually, but they're definitely recognizable and unique. But it all depends on what you think would work, since you're making them. :]

Requests for monsters/enemies... Zygons would look so cool. :D And Sontarans too, but I think you said you were planning to do them... Anyway, cool beans.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:18 am 
Goblin
Goblin

Lily Knotwise wrote:
Those... Are so awesome. I love them. My only critique would be... I think Five needs a different expression. I think it would fit him better. But that's just my humble opinion! I still think they're all wicked. :D

Hehe, that would be great. Or a little smile or something. :D Also, the newest ones are looking great.

It's true that some of the companions aren't quite as "interesting" visually, but they're definitely recognizable and unique. But it all depends on what you think would work, since you're making them. :]

Requests for monsters/enemies... Zygons would look so cool. :D And Sontarans too, but I think you said you were planning to do them... Anyway, cool beans.

Well, you now have two more different expressions up there, plus just finished and uploaded the Sontaran as well. :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:06 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

lol- the Dalek Davros Doctor pic is funny - like the idea of the Vashda/Chris pic too <g>

(A small part of me kept thinking - but it's usually the daleks who kill Davros ..then I tried to think of who would be upset at Davros' death, and came up blank. Well, maybe a Southpark Nida (Nyda?) at most :mrgreen: )

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:32 pm 
Orc
Orc

Ha! Those are cute. (Although I really HATE the spoilers for who the next Doctor is that I keep running into no matter HOW HARD I TRY. At least I have the consolation that I have _no idea who the guy is_, like, in terms of what else he's done, what he really looks like or his acting style. Just the name alone. And everybody out there...please, DON'T enlighten me!!) Good job on the creatures, although, um...

(clears throat)

http://captain-chaotica.deviantart.com/ ... s-73478271

...I kind of did the Doctor himselves over a year ago. (And nobody's calling _me_ "brilliant", mumblemumble...)

AND a whole mess o' Companions.

http://captain-chaotica.deviantart.com/ ... s-74430343

Anyway. Though kudos to you on doing the creatures; I couldn't do any of them 'cos they're so far beyond the scope of that generator thingie. I mean, I could redraw hairstyles and fit in elaborate costumes (Six's, for pete's sake!) in that thing, but not change head shapes, it seems.

Sorry if I sound snooty or whatever, I mean I really do like your pictures. It's just, you know, well...my life has just been SO rotten lately that I'm almost _always_ in a bad mood, and I kind of did do those last December, and _I_ didn't get a whole thread of people discussing my brilliance, so...
(I know I'm probably not the actual _first_. Probably somebody else on DeviantArt did the "South Park Doctors" idea shortly after the generator came out, and I just haven't seen it.)

Aah, I'm just digging myself deeper. Every time I attempt to sound less...bratty it just backfires horribly on me...so I guess I should just shut up. Sorry.

...Notorious

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:54 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

lol-
ok Capt-Cha, your tensome is full of awesome :D

We are just really excited because darrenyall offered all his (great) Doctors&Villains up and now they are available for avatars and icons.

In the meantime, dont discourage him :naughty: - who knows what other free art he'll offer! :cheerleader:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:17 am 
Goblin
Goblin

No worries.. I didn't know that someone had done this style before. I don't usually go over to DeviantArt.

But no matter what, am happy to share. :)

Had just about finished the Sea Devil Sunday night when this old laptop decided to overheat and take it down.. :p

Zygon will probably be next, and then redo the Sea Devil. After that, I was thinking K-9... followed by the Zarbi. :D

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:24 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Zygon will be up in about two minutes.. just need to edit the original post here to correct the link..

(edit: Zygon is up and emailed in as an avatar..

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:38 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

It's looks pretty cool - and squishy!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 9:10 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

M'reen wrote:
It's looks pretty cool - and squishy!

Almost looks huggable, but I'd suggest not to. :)

Working on K-9 now..

(edit: And he's complete. :) When you're not interrupted, it's amazing how quickly these can get done. ;)

(second edit: Also, just sent over the Zarbi. Had fun with the "guy in an ant suit" idea.. ;)

Last edited by darrenryall on Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Next few have been added to the gallery. Hey M'reen - pick an avatar soon or I'm gonna amuse myself and pick one for you. :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:37 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Hmm- okay I threw one in (tho tempted to see what you had in mind) But darrenryall - I came thiiiiiiiiiiis close to picking your latest, the K9 - it's too cute for words!

Profile WWW  

[ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next