Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Wed Sep 18, 2019 11:27 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
 Post subject: Re: Unified Geek Theory
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 5:22 pm 
Orc
Orc

Captain Chaotica wrote:
I think I have "met" Maya, in one of the few episodes I've seen. She's like, the shapeshifting alien warrior princess thinger, right?

Yep, that's Maya. Also, if you've watched the 1979 DW Classic serial City of Death you may have caught Catherine 'Maya' Schell playing the role of Countess Scarlioni.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:10 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

captshade wrote:
And I really liked the character of Maya. What is it about really smart alien women that turn me to mush?

And I think the theme tune has to be my second favorite, right after the Doctor Who theme. If you can find the extened version (over 3 minutes), it's worth a listen.

Beholder King wrote:
You'll have to be more specific. Season 2 theme was TOTALLY different from the season 1 theme and I like both very much. Season 2 is a little more classical 70's sf theme-like while season 1 could have been danced to by a guy in a white liesure suit with bellbottoms on a flashing multicoloured floor with a large mirror ball sparkling in his eyes.

Now I have to find the 2 1999 themes to listen to, if only to punish my ears <g>

So, what if the moon was pushed out of orbit by the drilling for oil and leisure condo's from the latest movie of The Time Machine?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:07 pm 
Beholder
Beholder

I have the extended version. Just over 5mb. If you give me someplace to e-mail it too...

Profile YIM  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:10 pm 
Orc
Orc

A variation on the old Wold Newton concept Phillip Jose Farmer played around with. He loved that idea, and took it to it's extreme with his Riverworld universe.

Arraitchgee wrote:
My favourite unified universe (if you can have one...?) is the Tommy Westphall Hypothesis, which supposes that a massive multiversal web all exists in the mind of a secondary character from St Elsewhere. The finale of the show revealed that all prior seasons happened in an autistic child's imagination, but since the show had already crossed over multiple times with other shows it also supposes these also exist inside his head. These shows link with other shows, and hence you get a rather massive web that links things like Doctor Who, Star Trek and The X Files with The Monkees, The Drew Carey Show and The Flying Nun.

I'm suddenly getting visions of Levitating Cat Nuns for some reason....

[ 19 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2