Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Mon Jul 16, 2018 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 8 posts ] 
 Post subject: The Genosha Sequence
PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2013 7:14 am 
Site Admin
Site Admin

New story on the ComixBlog! I'm starting this thread because I'm stupidly excited about this one. Stargaaaaaaate! (and Young Avengers!).

"Indeed."

Profile WWW  

Post subject: Re: The Genosha Sequence
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 9:10 pm 
Minotaur
Minotaur

All right! SG-1!

Looking forward to seeing where this goes.

Move along.

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 10:03 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Should be interesting. I liked a lot of season 5, tho I admit I'll miss Cam the very mischievous Vala <g>. Still, it was Jack at his prime, when his character was the most fun.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 11:07 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Season four has most of my favourite episodes, and some of the Sam/Jack tension still there. I think the Time Loop one was one of their best ever.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 3:23 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Time Loop was a great ep, but nothing will ever top the 100th and 200th eps for me <g>

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 3:06 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I just took a look at the cheat sheet. Pretty good, and I like the spoilers for this story are redacted.

I do disagree with Teal'c's background, on a technicality. He was never a brainwashed loyal servant, he was part of a number of underground Jaffa that thought the gods were cruel slavers, and was trained to use whatever power his strength and abilities bought him to spare their victims, thru whatever means he could, that would not endanger his position.This meant executing innocents in public, and freeing some in secret.
(As far as he knew their abilities were magic, as studying their methods was forbidden.)
He switched sides so quickly, in the pilot ep because Jack, with Earth's unique weapons, was the first foreign military leader Teal'c saw that would have hope of overthrowing the cruel gods, long enough to free at least some hundreds about to be executed. For that hope for his people, he was willing to give up his position and family.

He often used his underground contacts in the Jaffa (mostly Bra'tac and unseen folk who gave Bra'tac information) to help SG-1, eventually establishing a true Jaffa rebel force.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:40 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I think in this case it's more an issue of 'explaining it in three lines or fewer so that Young Avengers readers who have never watched Stargate know who this guy with the thing on his head is.' There's a time and place for going in-depth into backgrounds, and if it's not going to come into play in the story specifically, then that works as a basic intro.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 17, 2013 4:24 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I can see that, a sense of his character over his history - it's hard to convey his stoic style with "He was Jaffa, a slave with an incubating goa'uld implanted in belly pouches to make them strong, in command of Apophis's, an evil Goa'uld System Lord, forces till Teal'c saw SG-1's high level military tech and immediately joined them in hope of inspiring a rebellion among his people."

Makes him sound more like an impulsive free wheeling commando who takes huge gambles for high stakes, instead of the man who could teach Spartans a thing or two about stoicism.

Profile WWW  

[ 8 posts ]