Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Sat Sep 22, 2018 6:44 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Post subject: Re: Finale Discussion: Stolen Earth/Journey's End SPOILERS
PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:19 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I never paid too much attention to Donna's jewelery - unless you mean the bio-damper ring, which resembled a plain wedding band. Meant to be discreet.

But the Master's ring was definately Ming style - big, flashy, and made for trouble! ... I suppose he'd work a biodamper in if he thought about it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 5:07 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Having re-watch Journey's End on BBCA a little over two weeks ago, I finally noticed Donna's ring. It looks to me to be a flat hunk of dark green Jade. Cut on the edges for a more polished 'gem' look but just a piece of Jade.

:kitty:

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:04 pm 
Dragon
Dragon

Kind of a Johnny-come-lately to this thread, but here's my 2 cents anyway...

Lots to love :cheerleader:
  • the return of lots of familiar faces
  • Donna saves the Universe
  • brilliantly played, twisted Davros
Plenty to cringe about :grr:
  • Rose's ending
    Because of how I got into the Whoniverse, I dearly love Rose, and I think she got screwed again. Not a lot to add that hasn't been said pro/con earlier in the thread.
  • Donna's ending
    Painful. Just plain painful. I concur with M'reen - I really hope Moffat finds a way to get her back, even briefly. A valiant death is better than this lesser life.
    On a related note,
    M'reen wrote:
    I was thinking that too- at least Jamie and Zoe got to keep memories of their first adventures- Zoe got to remember fighting off Cybermen with the Doctor and Jamie, so her's is probably the better end - tho Jamie, that's years of his life gone :crybaby:
    ...didn't Jamie essentially get sent back to Culloden to die in a massacre with all his clansmen?
  • Earth getting towed home
    As someone with a master's in astrophysics, I often cringe at the ridiculousness of SF plot points (e.g., in "Impossible Planet" when it is assumed a planet couldn't exist around a black hole because it would "fall in" - what poppycock). I've managed to build up a fairly robust willing suspension of disbelief, but this kind of takes the cake. However,
    M'reen wrote:
    The towing I didn't have an issue with- I didn't think they were actually physically towing straight thru space like a camper tow out of a solar system, but thru time and space, to take it across the universe in what was probably a couple hours. I suppose if they had added the typical time-vortex sfx around the Earth and Tardis, that would have been clearer to the audience, but they couldnt have meant anything else to have happened since it didnt take them centuries to cross those thousands of lightyears (if not millions of lightyears)
    That makes a lot of sense. I can accept that explanation without my willing suspension of disbelief running screaming out of a 10th story window. :D

I also wanted to explore this regeneration thing a little further.
M'reen wrote:
Still it was interesting the Tennant is now the 10th and 11th Doctor - he used up a regeneration for this- he may have spun the energy out to the hand after healing himself, but there is no denying the regeneration was used. So now he's just got the 12th and 13th left. He's got to learn to be more careful!
BeholderKing wrote:
In the show he states that he managed to heal his body rather than regenerate, so he's still only the 10th Doctor.

As I pointed out in a different thread, didn't he still use a regeneration even if he didn't regenerate? Doesn't that mean the 12th Doctor will be his last incarnation instead of a 13th, unless some plot device extends his ability to regenerate?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 6:42 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Well, obviously fans see it different ways- we wont know for sure till they show that regeneration down the line but in the Next Doctor, the Doctor makes a comment about only having two selves left. ( "- next Doctor -well, or the next Doctor save one" ) but, like I said, we're going to have a couple years till that is spelled out :)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:05 pm 
Dragon
Dragon

M'reen wrote:
... in the Next Doctor, the Doctor makes a comment about only having two selves left. ( "- next Doctor -well, or the next Doctor save one" )

Oh, that's not how I interpreted that comment at all. I thought that just meant he thought he was either looking at his next (11th) or his next-next (12th) incarnation...
M'reen wrote:
but, like I said, we're going to have a couple years till that is spelled out :)

Well, true. But I still like to speculate. :-)
And it's even better if I can get others to agree with me... :D

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 11:53 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

http://yafgc.shipsinker.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=640
We're going to have to take this to the Next Doctor thread to continue on...

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:55 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

If you'd like the scripts for these eps, and all the next ones besides, they are available in pdf:

http://www.thewriterstale.com/scr.html

Profile WWW  

[ 67 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5