Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Wed Aug 21, 2019 1:00 am

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: The 10 Doctors: The Video
PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:21 am 
Goblin
Goblin

In fact I have recieved Rich & Hilary's full support in this project, They even kindly posted a link to the first video on their front page. However as a fellow fan I can see where your concern comes from, I certainly would never EVER want do see Rich's wonderful comics cease and desisted by the BBC. This is just me giving back a tribute to my favourite cartoonist :happy:
- Darthnexus78

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 1:58 am 
Goblin
Goblin

and...part 3! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aqdx68aP_n8

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:22 am 
Kobold
Kobold

BTW, DarthNexus78, I was suggesting that the main title in the first part be the 10 heads and then the Cat's Eye logo (i.e. the current logo) ONLY.

Then, for each subsequent part, just take a clip from your original credits with JUST the logo. I.e. the Rocket Ship-bleed logo of Hartnell, or the vertical lines-bleed of Troughton, or the coloured swoosh-bleed of Pertwee or the diamond of T. Baker or the Neon of Davison or the Sparkly-Neon of C. Baker or the Rock and Graffiti logo of McCoy or the swoosh logo of McGann or the cat's eye logo of Eccleston and Tennant. Just choose ONE of these 5-second clips from the original credits to begin each subsequent episode. Use your best judgement as to which of these to use as appropriate for each segment.

I would not suggest repeating the floating head clip in each part. That would be a bit weird IMHO.

The first Doctor Who opening credits to feature a portrait of the Doctor was 'The Faceless Ones'.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:28 am 
Kobold
Kobold

As for C&D orders from the BBC that may be received by Youtube, I suggest you officially "firewall" yourself from the comic and this web site in so far as any time you or any of us post a video containing clips from Rich's web comic on Youtube that we do NOT put anywhere within that video a back reference or a hyperlink in the comments to this web site. That way, if you, darthnexus78, do get the C&D order from the BBC c/o Youtube, you just allow them to take it down and don't give out any other information and Rich's comics remain safe in anonymity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:46 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

I sneak online during my vacation to find this? Simmer down, guys! :naughty:

Darth's doing some awesome stuff with the videos (I can't watch the new ones here, little dude, but I will as soon as we have our own connections back), and I think there's enough fan stuff on youtube that we should be able to slide underneath the radar pretty cleanly. it's when it gets into physical transactions that I get concerned. So fanvids + links, good; burning physical dvds or assembling official compilations that could be mailed to the bbc by someone with a stick up their butt, bad.

And stop picking on the new kid! :D

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2008 9:47 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Just saw part 3- love the long explosion when 9 crashes, fits Rich's text perfectly.

I like the intros you have going now - brief and fun!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:40 am 
Kobold
Kobold

Just to be clear, I do like the custom Doctor flyby shots, DarthNexus78. Indeed, I love them in the credits! And when you chop the credits in half, to say 10 flying heads and 1 cat's eye, this makes for a much more manageable intro -- plus, 10 logos in a row gets to be a bit repetitive: I know it's Doctor Who. The problem is, then you have to take out all of your cool flying logo montage and essentially throw it away! I would HATE to see that work go to waste! That's why I suggest using the LOGOs for the next episode bumps (intros). But then, only 1 of the 10 flybys for each part. That way, you get to use all 10 flybys that you've developed within the story by just dispersing them throughout the various parts of the adventure. Now, you could always have an intro and outro bump. So, if you want to reuse the floating heads for each episode, maybe you could have the flying logo for the 2-second intro and the flying head for the 2-second outro. Hope you don't mind that suggestion and that it would amount to a :choccake:. Mmmmm, cake..... argle argle argle...

And for the record, I love DarthNexus78's work! I wouldn't have created this thread if I didn't think you were doing an excellent job of adding a time dimension to Rich's work! So, keep up the good work DarthNexus78 and know that I, for one, really appreciate the 'new guy'! :clap:

Of course, I seem to be the harbinger of bringing poor Hilary out of her vacation, since every time I post here, she seems to have the perfect response. Hilary: go enjoy your vacation and stop worrying about us all getting along! It's just one, big, happy family here; we bicker because we care. :grouphug:

:clock:Image (:horse:)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 1:17 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

ok...so you want a random Doctor Who logo where the floating heads currently are in my videos, yes?and then at the end of the video after the black fadeout you want the floating head of the Doctor, who was last seen in the last panel?
P.S Bumps? Parts? Huh...? :dizzy: Are you saying I should include a "Next Time" like in the new series after a video ends? Please clear this up for me!
P.P.S Currently parts 1 - 3 are completed and on my slow dial-up I have managed to so far, save up to page 97 of Rich's comic... Part 4 should be completed fairly soon (Still haven't started it though)

Thank you, much appreciated :Peace:

- Darthnexus78

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2008 2:59 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I kind of like the floating head in the beginning - I'd prefer the logo at the end if I was making it, sort of like the credits showing it's Doctor Who, plus it's more like the style between commercials that way.

Of course I'm not making it, so it's what ever Darth wants to spend time doing. I dont think sneak peaks ahead are necessary bcs Rich's format with the comic tends to choose good stop and start points in the show, the fans will already want to see what happens next...plus I was never a fan of anything that gave away what would happen next in a story, I prefer to see the story for myself and find out that way!..unless I didnt like it very much, then spoilers/previews are good to help judge if you want to waste anymore time with the story or not.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2009 11:37 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

So are you working on part 4? Or have you run out of steam over the holidays <g>

At least with Rich going back to normal posting mode (which means random is the norm <g>) you have some catch up time to work on it. I'm naturally curious to see what you'll choose for the next bit <g>

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 6:19 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

Took a bit of a break, but currently I am working on a partial colourization of TDD: Pt. 1. to do this i'm using eclecticmuse's colour versions of pages 1 - 5.
Hopefully part 4 will be completed soon, as you have said, I now have lots of time to catch up!

--Darthnexus78 :happy:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:49 pm 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

Sounds good! With mine (that will not be put up anywhere) I put in the black&white sketch and had the color fade in for the first 5 pages, then left it b&w once the colorizations stopped, but I did include the odd colored panel a fan submitted <g>

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 10:53 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

That's cool M'reen, I heard that around January 22nd, eclecticmuse had just about finished page 6, until her photoshop program became somewhat tempermental. Hopefully she can get it up and running again, fingers crossed right?

Anyway, here is the link for The Ten Doctor's colour version:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GExIdrFhR8I

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:24 pm 
Goblin
Goblin

And to top it off, I made a compilation of all of Rich's Christmas greetings. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgmXTeHYzBs

P.S Have a look at my Tenth Doctor tribute:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fSM8NljmnEg

By the way I mostly get all my Doctor Who theme variations from:

http://whomix.trilete.net/?wmid=music

Enjoy!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 2:40 am 
Puce Guardian
Puce Guardian

I liked your Christmas special <g> I thought since the first panel was so huge you might try a pan and scan of that one (my programs don't allow for variations in style tho, so that may not have been an option) but it was fun and I got a kick out of the little tardis sig on the end :happy:

The rest ...my computer is hanging on, so havent been able to see it.

Profile WWW  

[ 61 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next