Rich Morris' Comics - YAFGC and The ComixBlog

Discussion forum for fans of YAFGC and Rich's ComixBlog. Because all the cool webcomics have one.

Jump to YAFGC / Jump to The ComixBlog

It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 4:09 pm

All times are UTC - 4 hours [ DST ]

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject: In the Market - Elwood City
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:51 pm 
Creator
Creator

"So....what do you think?" Meegs asked, holding up a bolt of brilliant green fabric embroidered with spangled stars. "Too flashy?" She turned from the mirror to looked inquiringly at her shopmates.
The bizarre cat/budgie familiar hunkered down at her feet and started preening the fur on its back leg. "I've been showing a bit more skin lately. Gets me lots of attention. What do you think?"
She used her free hand to hike her skirt up past her knee.

(So, decided arbitrarily to continue the RP here, continuing from the scene that petered out at the Tavern, Meegs is taking along anyone who was interested on a shopping trip. Anyone who wants to
join in is welcome. In the original scene were Morgana (and Dice), Caelin, T-Chall, Lord Dave (who I think would be busy tending bar) Lord Kirin & Keldorn. Did I forget anyone? I know a shopping
trip doesn't sound interesting, but I has plans to make this more interesting as or if the 'story' continues. Like a classic old timey D&D game. (You had to start at a tavern, right?)

Profile WWW YIM  

Post subject: Re: In the Market - Elwood City
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 4:12 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
... Like a classic old timey D&D game. (You had to start at a tavern, right?)

(I thought that was old Western movies?
:ziplip: )

Merrin looks Meegs up and down, and shrugs.
"Well, I suppose .... but why? I mean, what is your purpose in attracting attention? Are you seeking a husband that would favor a magically inclined young woman?"

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:07 pm 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
Merrin looks Meegs up and down, and shrugs.
"Well, I suppose .... but why? I mean, what is your purpose in attracting attention? Are you seeking a husband that would favor a magically inclined young woman?"

Meegs dropped her skirt hem and clucked her tongue impatiently. "Husband? Pfft. Who needs a husband? But I enjoy a little attention from time to time." she replaced the fabric and turned fully to Merrin. "You have a better suggestion then, smart guy?"

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2016 12:13 am 
Lich
Lich

"Smart guy? Hmmm... it would appear that I already have a reputation to maintain. Well, I am no clothier, but when a Lady asks one's services then one must at least try..."

He walks up to her, casual & bold, right up to within arm's length of her. Lord Kirin's stare is penetrating, to say the least, and yet there is nothing of Magic about him.

"I assume the glasses are a necessity rather than an affectation, yes? Very well, we can work with that. You are also a fine figure of a woman, should you choose to work with that. Raven hair that curls naturally, I suppose you have thought to cut it short at some point in the past, and make it straighter, that would be a mistake. Owl-like may seem to emphasize wisdom but it never really works out very well."

He is walking around her in a circle while he says this, and ends up looking at her in profile.

"I sugest no hats, a headband of Silver or something like that, set with Onyx. Let the hair grow longer and relax the curls... a black waterfall that partly conceals one side of the face and baring the other side. Yes, and as for the dress, a carefully fitted bodice of red embroidered with gold filigree. As for the rest, a deep, deep shade of purple, one nearly black but not exactly, You may be tempted to have something that flairs at the hips, I would let it fall naturally, there is no need to over-emphasize the fact that you are both statuesque and nicely rounded." He angles his head to look her straight in the eye, "No need. And to finish it off.... yes, a necklace. One of coins of some size and value, alternating with flat, round polished crystals. Just a suggestion, and I am a bit out of my realm when discussing jewelry, but I think that would help to compliment the round crystals you wear over your eyes."

He steps back, and shrugs. "That is my opinion on the mater. Now, can you do something for me? I am very thirsty and I need to know what wine they recommend here."

PostPosted: Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:02 pm 
Creator
Creator

By the time Lord Kirin has completed his circuit of the befuddled Meegs, she was sporting a rather telling blush on each cheek and had grown slightly breathless.

"Y-yes...well that...that-that....that's a possi-probi-I could...maybe yeah, I could....do that." she stammered, wiping her face with her sleeve slightly. "Uh.... w-wine?" she glanced about herself at a total loss. "They don't sell wine in here...." she giggled like a shy teenager and blushed harder. "....silly... there's a winery up the street, though.... The Elvish wines are pretty um... popular. There's-" she wiped her hands on her dress as she lead her little shopping party back out to the street. "There." she gestured.

(Is there just the two of them now?)

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:28 am 
Lich
Lich

"Ah, please, I seem to be the lost one here. I only said 'wine' because I assumed it was sold here. This is a fine place that seems to have a bit of ... history... to it. I'm also a little too tired to move on just yet, so won't you come back inside? I'll buy the first round if that will help you relax? All I need is a suggestion as to what I should order here."

He smiles indulgently and nods to the bar.

Quote:
(Is there just the two of them now?)

(I was just wondering the same thing. I'm fine with going on with this alone or with the whole cast from last time... kinda prefer the later. Should we send out some invitations?)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 7:56 am 
Creator
Creator

Phaing wrote:
(I was just wondering the same thing. I'm fine with going on with this alone or with the whole cast from last time... kinda prefer the later. Should we send out some invitations?)

Well that was a message meant for anyone else who might be reading.

But sure, we can ping some of the others to see if they're still interested. Incidentally, they're supposed to be in the marketplace, specifically standing in/near a sheltered stall selling fabric. Obviously they wouldn't be selling wine there. Guess that wasn't clear. But it seemed odd to me that they'd step OUT of the tavern just to look for someone selling wine.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2016 3:47 pm 
Lich
Lich

Huh.... yes, it does.

I'll just hold off for a while while we get it all sorted out.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2016 2:21 pm 
Techgnome
Techgnome

I'm interested but things have been extremely busy for me the last few days, and will continue to be for at least another few days. If I can I'll get something written for Caelin, otherwise I'll catch up with you folks as soon as I can.

PostPosted: Tue May 17, 2016 11:46 pm 
Lich
Lich

Well, its been over a month....

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:37 am 
Lich
Lich

I only just noticed this thread. March was my hectic chase-any-work-to-try-to-make-my-income-justify-in-work-benefits month and it ended in an SF convention and then I've had various infections. However, I am up for things in theory and hopeful things will be steadier now.

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 11:08 pm 
Creator
Creator

Apologies for my own silence. Been hectically trying to plan for the 10th anniversary strip and stuff. Will get to this soon.

Profile WWW YIM  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:16 pm 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
Apologies for my own silence. Been hectically trying to plan for the 10th anniversary strip and stuff. Will get to this soon.

And what a scene it was! :o

Now that the big blow-up is accomplished, would you like to get back into this a little?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:02 am 
Lich
Lich

Beholder King wrote:
By the time Lord Kirin has completed his circuit of the befuddled Meegs, she was sporting a rather telling blush on each cheek and had grown slightly breathless.

"Y-yes...well that...that-that....that's a possi-probi-I could...maybe yeah, I could....do that." she stammered, wiping her face with her sleeve slightly. "Uh.... w-wine?" she glanced about herself at a total loss. "They don't sell wine in here...." she giggled like a shy teenager and blushed harder. "....silly... there's a winery up the street, though.... The Elvish wines are pretty um... popular. There's-" she wiped her hands on her dress as she lead her little shopping party back out to the street. "There." she gestured.

"Ah, splendid. I am fortunate to have a guide such as yourself. Markets can be so ... confounding, to a newcomer such as myself." he smiles at her as they step out into the street. "Now, do they haggle here, or is the price the price and that's all there is to it?"

Kirin seems to have the uncanny ability to avoid traffic, even what is coming up behind him. He also steps out of the way of people that haven't even turned around yet.
He also does not fumble for a coin-purse, he seems to conjure the right change as if he has deep sleeves or something like that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:12 am 
Lich
Lich

Having witnessed Meegs wilt under the weight of Lord Kirin's tirade, Keldorn decides to keep his observations simple.

"What I find is that fashions vary from place to place and, in some human cultures, from year to year. What I do is observe what is popular and tailor my appearance to suit. If there are a number of sub-cultures then I note which one I want to emulate. So I would opt for how the young and free-thinking look, not the boring middle-aged trying to attract each other's business though the latter may be more expensively clad. And obviously, with the right magic, one can tweak things." He briefly loosens a choker round his neck and his hair shortens and darkens to reflect what seems a popular appearance in the streets before he redoes the choker.

"And obviously the more magic items you have, the more restricted your appearance will be unless you are somewhere completely safe. Unless you're able to tailor something into them so that they change to suit what is fashionable or what catches your eye."

[ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next